EventSystem Message (Need Help with what to do please)

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Please advice with what the following means regarding my system and what I
should do:

EventSystem
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

My machine also seems to be making unusual "chugging" noises at the back
today - could this be connected?

Many thanks

Confused

Event ID & the Event Source are very important.

To open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK

For any Events that seem related to the problem...

Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the second
arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:

Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427

Event Viewer overview
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/event_overview_01.mspx

This can also be very useful.
You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.

To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example, Print)
and/or the Event code (for example, 20) into the ID field, then click the Go
button. Source and Event codes may be found in the Event Viewer logs.

Windows XP Home/Professional Events and Errors
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:B04F95E3-46FD-46B0-87BB-0A213C4D7A74@microsoft.com,
Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Please advice with what the following means regarding my system and what I
> should do:

> EventSystem
> The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
> processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
> d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
> Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
>
> My machine also seems to be making unusual "chugging" noises at the back
> today - could this be connected?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Confused

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Thank you for your very prompt reply. I am afraid I am not able to find out
what to do to solve the situation. The reply given at the help and support
centre is:

We're sorry
There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event
Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links
in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be
available elsewhere.

Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify those
areas for which we need to provide more information.

So, as I am not up on the technical side, is there anything I can do to get
rid of the problem?

Thanks

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Event ID & the Event Source are very important.
>
> To open the Event Viewer...
> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
>
> For any Events that seem related to the problem...
>
> Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the second
> arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
> Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:
>
> Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
> Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful
>
> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
>
> Event Viewer overview
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/event_overview_01.mspx
>
> This can also be very useful.
> You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.
>
> To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example, Print)
> and/or the Event code (for example, 20) into the ID field, then click the Go
> button. Source and Event codes may be found in the Event Viewer logs.
>
> Windows XP Home/Professional Events and Errors
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:B04F95E3-46FD-46B0-87BB-0A213C4D7A74@microsoft.com,
> Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Please advice with what the following means regarding my system and what I
> > should do:

> > EventSystem
> > The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
> > processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
> > d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
> > Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
> >
> > My machine also seems to be making unusual "chugging" noises at the back
> > today - could this be connected?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Confused

Event ID & the Event Source are very important.

What are the Event ID & the Event Source???????????????

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:9DD531C2-5F13-4BB5-8911-B77B1DEDFF1F@microsoft.com,
> [...]
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:B04F95E3-46FD-46B0-87BB-0A213C4D7A74@microsoft.com,
>> Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Please advice with what the following means regarding my system and
>>> what I should do:

>>> EventSystem
>>> The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
>>> processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
>>> d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please
>>> contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
>>>
>>> My machine also seems to be making unusual "chugging" noises at the back

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Hello Again Welsy

The Event ID is: 4609 and the Event Source is: EventSystem

Thanks..........again!!!!!

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Event ID & the Event Source are very important.
>
> What are the Event ID & the Event Source???????????????
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:9DD531C2-5F13-4BB5-8911-B77B1DEDFF1F@microsoft.com,
> Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Thank you for your very prompt reply. I am afraid I am not able to find
> > out what to do to solve the situation. The reply given at the help and
> > support centre is:
> >
> > We're sorry
> > There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event
> > Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the
> > links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information
> > might be available elsewhere.
> >

> > Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify
> > those areas for which we need to provide more information.
> >
> > So, as I am not up on the technical side, is there anything I can do to
> > get rid of the problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Event ID & the Event Source are very important.
> >>
> >> To open the Event Viewer...
> >> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
> >>
> >> For any Events that seem related to the problem...
> >>
> >> Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the
> >> second arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to
> >> the Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:
> >> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> >>
> >> Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related
> >> Knowledge Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful
> >>
> >> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
> >>
> >> Event Viewer overview
> >>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/event_overview_01.mspx
> >>
> >> This can also be very useful.
> >> You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.
> >>
> >> To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example,
> >> Print) and/or the Event code (for example, 20) into the ID field, then
> >> click the Go button. Source and Event codes may be found in the Event
> >> Viewer logs.
> >>
> >> Windows XP Home/Professional Events and Errors
> >>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:B04F95E3-46FD-46B0-87BB-0A213C4D7A74@microsoft.com,
> >> Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

See the Comments section here...

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4609&eventno=1993&source=EventSystem&phase=1

Paste the above URL into the Internet Explorer Address bar and click Go.

See if anything helps.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:0B42B15A-94C4-4789-B709-9DD903C40630@microsoft.com,
Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello Again Welsy
>
> The Event ID is: 4609 and the Event Source is: EventSystem
>
> Thanks..........again!!!!!
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Event ID & the Event Source are very important.
>>
>> What are the Event ID & the Event Source???????????????
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:9DD531C2-5F13-4BB5-8911-B77B1DEDFF1F@microsoft.com,
>> Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Thank you for your very prompt reply. I am afraid I am not able to find
>>> out what to do to solve the situation. The reply given at the help and
>>> support centre is:
>>>
>>> We're sorry
>>> There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and
>>> Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can
>>> use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional
>>> information might be available elsewhere.
>>>

>>> Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify
>>> those areas for which we need to provide more information.
>>>
>>> So, as I am not up on the technical side, is there anything I can do to
>>> get rid of the problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/event_overview_01.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

It looks very straightforward - but I am going to control panel and admin
tools and there is no option for no 2) Local Security Policy?

The instructions from the link read:
On the affected workstation:
1) Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools.
2) Run “Local Security Policy�.
3) Go to Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignments.
4) Double click on “Create global objects�. The correct default settings are
“Administrators�, “INTERACTIVE�, and “SERVICE�.
5) Double click on ''Impersonate a client after authentication''. The
correct default settings are “Administrators�, “ASPNET� (if you have the .NET
Framework installed) and “SERVICE�.

My choices are:
Computer Services
Computer Management
Data Sources
Event Viewer
Peformance
Services

I have also recently received a Runtime Error recently - and it happened
again today (R6025 - Pure virtual function call) Could this be related -
along with the very slow pc?

Thanks once again!!!
"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> See the Comments section here...
>
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4609&eventno=1993&source=EventSystem&phase=1
>
> Paste the above URL into the Internet Explorer Address bar and click Go.
>
> See if anything helps.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:0B42B15A-94C4-4789-B709-9DD903C40630@microsoft.com,
> Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hello Again Welsy
> >
> > The Event ID is: 4609 and the Event Source is: EventSystem
> >
> > Thanks..........again!!!!!
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Event ID & the Event Source are very important.
> >>
> >> What are the Event ID & the Event Source???????????????
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:9DD531C2-5F13-4BB5-8911-B77B1DEDFF1F@microsoft.com,
> >> Confused <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/event_overview_01.mspx

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

Local Security Policy (secpol.msc) does not exist on XP Home.

Do you have XP Home?

There are other features that XP Pro has that Home doesn't.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User