30" Dual Link Dvi-I LCD Monitor vs SHARP Black 42" 16:9 4ms

I need to make a decision whether to buy a 30" WQXGA dual link dvi-i monitor or to buy this lcd tv which is 1080p, and has a dvi-i connector. The resolution for this TV is 1920 x 1080 and it has a very fast response time of 4ms. Will the 8800gtx which has a dual link connector connect to this TV without a problem?

Also, will the 30" monitor really look that much better than this 1080p tv when it comes to playing games and of course, regular computer work such as web browsing and word processing?

I am also wondering if any games support 1920 x 1080?

Keep in mind I do not watch TV, so the deciding factors for me would be more screen space for the price, a decent resolution, fast response time and something that will be great for PC gaming. And is there a noticeable difference in quality between the 2 mentioned models? The TV sounds more attractive because it is much bigger, and has a fast response time. However, which system would you recommend me to get knowing that I will be using this for my regular computer work, and gaming. Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about dual link monitor sharp black
  1. I think that in the case of the TV, you will have to put it further away than a computer monitor.

If you go for the TV, you might end up in the same situation as this person:
    http://forumz.tomshardware.com/ce/desk-37-monitor-ftopict52758.html

My suggestion would be to go for a good 30inch monitor that can do 1:1 ratio (for games that would require a lower resolution... I wouldn't want the monitor to stretch but rather make a smaller picture with black bars)
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors TV Dual Link Dvi Peripherals Product