Paul

Splendid

Having problem connecting HP zd7000 notebook with built-in
wireless 802.11g card from connecting to MS MN-700 base
station. Any help would be appreciated...

Start by disabling wireless security (WEP) on both. Make
sure both devices are using the same channel (if reception
is poor try with channels 1 and 11). Make sure the SSID
match on both, and you are not using the default MSHOME
SSID (to avoid conflicts with other AP's nearby).

Sometimes helps assigning a static IP to the PC (e.g.
192.168.2.2, mask 255.255.255.0, DNS and gateway
192.168.2.1), but if you can with DHCP only it may be
better (since it lets connect to other AP's easier).

Once everything is working add WEP to both the router and PC.

Problem is we need WEP and DHCP in this location. The
laptop with the non-MS card won't even see a network to
connect to at all.