Adventure 370 Point Version Question

I know that in the text-adventure Adventure 4+ (660 point version),
after the cave closes and you type "Blast," a big hole opens in the
wall, and when you go through the hole, you're surrounded by gray mist.
When the cave closes in the 370 point version of Adventure, when you
type "Blast," and the big hole opens in the wall, is that the end of
the game, or are you surrounded by gray mist when you go through the
hole in the 370 Point version of Adventure, too?

samwyse

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002

On or about 4/13/2005 8:57 PM, briansipler@yahoo.com did proclaim:
> I know that in the text-adventure Adventure 4+ (660 point version),
> after the cave closes ...

You have posted what's know as a spoiler. While many people have played
Adventure, there are many who haven't. Any of them would be very upset
at reading your post. Please be more careful in the future. The
accepted way to ask such questions is with "spoiler space". For example:

********** SPOILER **********

********** SPOILER **********

********** SPOILER **********

All versions of adventure that I know of end in much the same way.

samwyse wrote:
> On or about 4/13/2005 8:57 PM, briansipler@yahoo.com did proclaim:
> > I know that in the text-adventure Adventure 4+ (660 point version),
> > after the cave closes ...
>
> You have posted what's know as a spoiler. While many people have
played
> Adventure, there are many who haven't. Any of them would be very
upset
> at reading your post. Please be more careful in the future. The
> accepted way to ask such questions is with "spoiler space". For
example:

> ********** SPOILER **********
>

> ********** SPOILER **********
>

> ********** SPOILER **********
>

> All versions of adventure that I know of end in much the same way.

Actually, the versions I know about have two different endings or a
combination of both.

The original ending (in the 350-point game and many later versions)
takes place in a repository, and you have to blast your way out.

The alternative ending, in the 550-point game, is rather different.
You find yourself in a cylindrical room, and you have to say certain
words in the correct order to teleport yourself out again. Then you
find yourself at the end of the road again, and you have to find the
alternate entrance to the cave.

samwyse wrote:
> On or about 4/13/2005 8:57 PM, briansipler@yahoo.com did proclaim:
> > I know that in the text-adventure Adventure 4+ (660 point version),
> > after the cave closes ...
>
> You have posted what's know as a spoiler. While many people have
played
> Adventure, there are many who haven't. Any of them would be very
upset
> at reading your post. Please be more careful in the future. The
> accepted way to ask such questions is with "spoiler space". For
example:

> ********** SPOILER **********
>

> ********** SPOILER **********
>

> ********** SPOILER **********
>

> All versions of adventure that I know of end in much the same way.

..

Actually the versions I know about have two different endings, or a
combination of both.

The original 350-point game and many later versions end in a
repository, and you have to blast your way out.

The 550-point game and later versions end in a cylindrical or gray mist
room, and you have to use magic - in the correct order - to get
yourself out again. You then have to find the alternate entrance to the
cave.