Looking for old Color Computer game

Hi, I am looking for the code to a game from Rainbow magazine called
Karrak - Conquest of the Castle Cavern or something like that. It was
written by Gregory Clark I think. Anyway, I have it on tape, but it
seems my tape has bit the dust. If anyone has the code or .cas file
for an emulator that would be great.

Thanks for your time
2 answers Last reply
More about looking color computer game
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    aravan@fuse.net wrote:
    > Hi, I am looking for the code to a game from Rainbow magazine called
    > Karrak - Conquest of the Castle Cavern or something like that. It
    was
    > written by Gregory Clark I think. Anyway, I have it on tape, but it
    > seems my tape has bit the dust. If anyone has the code or .cas file
    > for an emulator that would be great.
    >
    > Thanks for your time

    If you view the guestbook linked from this page, you'll see a recent
    post by the man himself, with his email address:

    http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/cfdm.html

    This looks like an abandoned site that used to sell back issues of The
    Rainbow magazine:

    http://www.the-e-mall.net/netcat.htm

    I'm not sure which issue contained Clark's game. Maybe the Feb. 1984
    Adventure issue?

    It seems like you can buy a series of "Rainbow on cassette" from this
    page:

    http://www.vintagefunworld.com/items.asp?ID=14

    $4-5 each; I'm not sure if that's related to the magazine.

    I have no experience with these sites; I just found them with Google. I
    guess the last is worth a try if you're really determined.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    drussell@wotmania.com wrote:
    > aravan@fuse.net wrote:
    > > Hi, I am looking for the code to a game from Rainbow magazine
    called
    > > Karrak - Conquest of the Castle Cavern or something like that. It
    > was
    > > written by Gregory Clark I think. Anyway, I have it on tape, but
    it
    > > seems my tape has bit the dust. If anyone has the code or .cas
    file
    > > for an emulator that would be great.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your time
    >
    > If you view the guestbook linked from this page, you'll see a recent
    > post by the man himself, with his email address:
    >
    > http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/cfdm.html
    >
    > This looks like an abandoned site that used to sell back issues of
    The
    > Rainbow magazine:
    >
    > http://www.the-e-mall.net/netcat.htm
    >
    > I'm not sure which issue contained Clark's game. Maybe the Feb. 1984
    > Adventure issue?
    >
    > It seems like you can buy a series of "Rainbow on cassette" from this
    > page:
    >
    > http://www.vintagefunworld.com/items.asp?ID=14
    >
    > $4-5 each; I'm not sure if that's related to the magazine.
    >
    > I have no experience with these sites; I just found them with Google.
    > guess the last is worth a try if you're really determined.

    Thanks for the replies, I actually found the listing on disk that I had
    forgotten about.

Computers Games Video Games