Sign in with
Your question

Can't access internet

Last response: in Windows 7
September 11, 2012 5:07:53 PM

i can't access internet by wi-fi or manually. I have driver update and wifi fix on jump drive. Jump drive not showing when inserted. How can i load updates?

More about : access internet

a b $ Windows 7
September 11, 2012 6:35:31 PM

try putting the drivers on a different drive or CD.
m
l
September 11, 2012 6:48:13 PM

What is the status of your network adapters? What OS are you using? I take it you are using a different computer on the same network to post here... This would verify that your internets are working. Please confirm. More info please.
m
l
Related resources
September 11, 2012 8:35:55 PM

It may be some trojan or form of virus. Have you used this device in public wifi places such as coffee places or restaurants? Someone may have been able to hack it if you were.
m
l
September 12, 2012 6:12:58 PM

whiteodian said:
What is the status of your network adapters? What OS are you using? I take it you are using a different computer on the same network to post here... This would verify that your internets are working. Please confirm. More info please.

I am using a diferent computer
m
l
September 12, 2012 6:13:28 PM

anonymous1 said:
try putting the drivers on a different drive or CD.

this is a laptop with no CD drive
m
l
September 12, 2012 6:15:42 PM

TheTyperofTruth said:
It may be some trojan or form of virus. Have you used this device in public wifi places such as coffee places or restaurants? Someone may have been able to hack it if you were.

I suspect a virus also. This is granddaughter's computer.
m
l
September 12, 2012 8:07:43 PM

Well is the computer we are talking about portable? You know, a laptop? Because if she used it in a public place, it may b a virus, do you have the Windows 7 CD? You might be able to format and run off of the CD. Also, try doing a System Restore. Restore to an older time so the virus or glitch might go away.
m
l
September 12, 2012 9:58:56 PM

TheTyperofTruth said:
Well is the computer we are talking about portable? You know, a laptop? Because if she used it in a public place, it may b a virus, do you have the Windows 7 CD? You might be able to format and run off of the CD. Also, try doing a System Restore. Restore to an older time so the virus or glitch might go away.

This is a laptop. I will try system restore or reloading software. Thanks
m
l
!