hdd cache

col

i have been using bootvis to understand problem of computer looking through
both hard discs when I connect to internet. Bootvis tells me that the hdd
cache is turned off. when i go to policies for disc the options of cache on
or off are greyed out. Can any one tell me why, and how to turn the cache
back on. i am using xp home with service pack2, 2 x 80 gig drives
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 124.21 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
i have copied the above from system info.
many thanks in anticipation
col

col

thanks for your reply pip22.
I do have admin rights for computer, but I also have 3 other desktops running.
that are limited.

Col