Windows Installer Service Error 1719

bill

Running Windows XP Professional x64 edition, version 2003, SP1.

Whenever I try to install a program that uses InstallSheild, I get the error
in the subject line. I've gone to the Microsoft site and tried the two
'fixes' on the site, but neither worked.

Fix 1: Checked registry path to file, rebooted in safe mode, typed "msiexec
/regserver"

Fix 2: Renamed the 'damaged' windows installer files (msi.dll, msiexec.exe,
msihnd.dll) and rebooted.

Tried to upload the new installer files, but get an error message about an
incorrect .inf file.

Help!!

bill

By the way, since I wrote the initial message, I've done some more: I
reinstalled XP and got the same error. When I try installing the Windows
Installer Service updates, I get an error with the updatebr.inf file.

Still looking for help!

Thanks.

"Bill" wrote:

> Running Windows XP Professional x64 edition, version 2003, SP1.
>
> Whenever I try to install a program that uses InstallSheild, I get the error
> in the subject line. I've gone to the Microsoft site and tried the two
> 'fixes' on the site, but neither worked.
>
> Fix 1: Checked registry path to file, rebooted in safe mode, typed "msiexec
> /regserver"
>
> Fix 2: Renamed the 'damaged' windows installer files (msi.dll, msiexec.exe,
> msihnd.dll) and rebooted.
>
> Tried to upload the new installer files, but get an error message about an
> incorrect .inf file.
>
> Help!!

kelly

Hi Bill,

1.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Windows+Installer+Service+Error+1719&btnG=Google+Search

2. MS XP x64 Edition Technical Support and Community:

http://support.microsoft.com/windowsxpprox64
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/x64.mspx

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Windows XP Professional x64 edition, version 2003, SP1.
>
> Whenever I try to install a program that uses InstallSheild, I get the
> error
> in the subject line. I've gone to the Microsoft site and tried the two
> 'fixes' on the site, but neither worked.
>
> Fix 1: Checked registry path to file, rebooted in safe mode, typed
> "msiexec
> /regserver"
>
> Fix 2: Renamed the 'damaged' windows installer files (msi.dll,
> msiexec.exe,
> msihnd.dll) and rebooted.
>
> Tried to upload the new installer files, but get an error message about an
> incorrect .inf file.
>
> Help!!

bill

Kelly,

Thanks, tried your google search fixes, each one separately, in safe mode,
etc.

The files are there, they just won't let me load anything! Linux is
starting to sound like a good option at this point. :-(

I'll try the x64 user community first.

thanks,

Bill

"Bill" wrote:

> Running Windows XP Professional x64 edition, version 2003, SP1.
>
> Whenever I try to install a program that uses InstallSheild, I get the error
> in the subject line. I've gone to the Microsoft site and tried the two
> 'fixes' on the site, but neither worked.
>
> Fix 1: Checked registry path to file, rebooted in safe mode, typed "msiexec
> /regserver"
>
> Fix 2: Renamed the 'damaged' windows installer files (msi.dll, msiexec.exe,
> msihnd.dll) and rebooted.
>
> Tried to upload the new installer files, but get an error message about an
> incorrect .inf file.
>
> Help!!

kelly

Most welcome, Bill and hope you get it sorted soon.

--

> Kelly,
>
> Thanks, tried your google search fixes, each one separately, in safe mode,
> etc.
>
> The files are there, they just won't let me load anything! Linux is
> starting to sound like a good option at this point. :-(
>
> I'll try the x64 user community first.
>
> thanks,
>
> Bill
>
> "Bill" wrote:
>
>> Running Windows XP Professional x64 edition, version 2003, SP1.
>>
>> Whenever I try to install a program that uses InstallSheild, I get the
>> error
>> in the subject line. I've gone to the Microsoft site and tried the two
>> 'fixes' on the site, but neither worked.
>>
>> Fix 1: Checked registry path to file, rebooted in safe mode, typed
>> "msiexec
>> /regserver"
>>
>> Fix 2: Renamed the 'damaged' windows installer files (msi.dll,
>> msiexec.exe,
>> msihnd.dll) and rebooted.
>>
>> Tried to upload the new installer files, but get an error message about
>> an
>> incorrect .inf file.
>>
>> Help!!

bill

All,

I believe the root of the problem is that no much software has been
certified with x64 Pro. Having said that, I'm reinstalling XP Pro standard
and will wait awhile for the software community to catch up.

thanks for assistance,

Bill