MOHAA spearhead crashes back to windows

Hi to all,
i hope someone can help me in on this strange problem. I have recently
installed Mohaa Allied Assault, it plays without any problems,i then decided
to install the spearhead expansion pack, which also installed without any
errors, but when i try to load the game the splash screen shows up and iam
taken back to windows without any errors except when i check my event viewer,
iam given this error :
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local
computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files
to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the
/AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event: 7.

this error is given every time i try to load spearhead. Does anybody have
any idea what could be the reason to this problem?
Thanks & regards ,
Edward.

Hi Edd,

Try reinstalling the game to see if it's the expansion pack which is at fault...
However, please update your Video drivers first as the EP may have
require a more recent drivers that the one you have currently installed.

If that fails... Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and patch):

Step A: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, delete the game and then
the game's folder especially if you previously experienced problems
with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

Step B: Click Start to Search/Find your game. Many times there are two installs
of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
and delete the folder.

Step C: Reboot your computer, Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any
stray registry keys for the game, delete them., and re-install the game.
Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Step D: Play a single player game, using an administrators account if necessary.

Step E: Download new game patches or mods in case the old ones are corrupt.
Double click the patch/mod to install it. If it's a .zip file, unzip it into the
game's folder and follow the instruction in it's readme.txt file.

Step F: Reboot your computer, verify that your game is working properly, and
re-enable any programs that you disabled using the method in Step A.

Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Game FAQ's: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"edd080" <edd080@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51DDF3D2-3566-4387-929D-62E23EE1A2BF@microsoft.com...
| Hi to all,
| i hope someone can help me in on this strange problem. I have recently
| installed Mohaa Allied Assault, it plays without any problems,i then decided
| to install the spearhead expansion pack, which also installed without any
| errors, but when i try to load the game the splash screen shows up and iam
| taken back to windows without any errors except when i check my event viewer,
| iam given this error :
| The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local
| computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files
| to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the
| /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
| details. The following information is part of the event: 7.
|
| this error is given every time i try to load spearhead. Does anybody have
| any idea what could be the reason to this problem?
| Thanks & regards ,
| Edward.

Hi Jimmy,
thanks for your reply,I have done exactly as you told me step
by step, i also insalled regcleaner and found some mohaa files still
resident. i then re-installed the game, it ran normaly, i have no demos of
this game either, i then installed the expansion pack, installed the patches,
and still crashes back to windows. Allied assault on the other hand still
loads as usual. The event viewer displays the same error i posted before
after trying o load spearhead. I still dont know what it means.
Thanks,
Edward