Sign in with
Your question

SATA Drive Identified as SCSI

Last response: in Storage
November 12, 2004 6:57:53 AM

The hard drives in my new computer consist of two SATA drives. The only way to hook up SATA drives to my A8V Deluxe mobo is on one of the RAID controllers. I hooked my two drives onto the VIA controller, but of course the WinXP install CD didn't recognize the SATA drives. I put the VIA RAID driver on a floppy disk and did F6 during the WinXP install, and everything worked great. Now I'm in Windows, and my two hard drives identify as "SCSI Disk Device"s, not SATA. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong in the install process? Everything seems to be working fine so far, but I haven't installed any programs yet.
November 12, 2004 2:11:09 PM

That's normal
November 12, 2004 8:25:50 PM

LOL, the minute I looket at the subject I thought "that's normal", and the moment I opened the post I saw "That's normal", hehehe.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
Related resources
November 12, 2004 8:31:18 PM

Dont you ever call my SATA drive scuzzy again! You hear me...

<font color=red><pre>_____________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
November 12, 2004 9:03:45 PM

I searched all over Computerhope.com, storagereview, and this site, but couldn't find out whether this was normal. Thanks all for your help! Now I can get to installing all those gam... err, office programs...
November 12, 2004 9:09:51 PM

My deepest apologies, I will never, ever call YOUR sata drive any other than sata again.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
!