TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE MY INTERNET FASTER?

There are some web browsers with options to use settings that are optimized for low performance computers and internet connections. For example, Opera has such a setting. Opera is free.

Cleaning your computer of unused junk and then defragmenting the entire hard drive (assuming that you're using a hard drive) can also help. If you have a fast CPU, you could also enable NTFS compression for a small storage performance and capacity improvement. This can all be done for free. There's much more, but you'd be progressing into increasingly advanced projects if you keep going.

TheTyperofTruth

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Dude, I am a minecraft player and rarely get on the internet with multiplayer because of the critical java 7.7 vulnerabilities I read about in my secure news website.
I am not trying to demean you, I just am having a hard time with my SLOW internet and bloatware that left registry scars on my cpu, no offense.

You could re-install Windows if you're worried about registry bloat and errors.

If you're so worried about Java getting you malware, then you could run a virtual machine. However, do realize that Java has been improving and regardless, it isn't likely to get you any issues unless you do something stupid. A lot of *security news* sites are just trying to scare people into buying security software. I'm not saying for sure that whatever site you visit is doing this given that I don't know what site you frequent, but it's a possibility.

G

look man, you can do those good suggestions that blazorthon suggested to keep your PC running in good shape however, if your ISP is crap then your internet speed will be crap.

any "tweaking" on your end is really superficial since windows pretty much defaults to its parameters. you can hack away at the web browser to make the interface faster but your connection is dependent on your ISP.

and considering your last response; i don't think its a good idea for you to be goofing around with any settings.

TheTyperofTruth

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Could I uninstall the Windows "games" i don't care if it doesn't speed up my computer, I never use it and all it does is sit in the comfy couch of Windows 7. Does anybody know how to do that?
I don't need a tv plus internet bundle, my tv costs $25 a month and I'm fine with cable, I don't use it that often, but when I do, it's for a long time.

You can't really uninstall them and besides, they're tiny and wouldn't make a difference.

You could delete them, but they're not programs that are installed, so you can't uninstall them. They're just files that are in the Windows folder. If you accidentally delete the wrong file, you could ruin your operating system completely.

TheTyperofTruth

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Oh, bummer, anything else I could do to make my computer faster? I am running it plugged in, with an i3 core processor and the internet is at 0.75 mbps. I heard about that file compression, how can I do that? My system has 2 drives, OS and DATA, maybe I could compress it into DATA? How can I do that?

Open "Computer", right click and choose the properties of one of your hard drives (make sure that it's a hard drive and not an SSD, defragmenting an SSD hurts it and does not good for itat all). NTFS compression should be an option near the bottom of the first tab of the properties window that pops up.

uninstalling games, compressing files isn't going to do anything. Speed of the internet is the speed of the internet you pay for usually.

Who do you get your internet from now? What rates do they advertise you should get with you plan. Are you connected to a router? Wireless? Wired?