Internet Web Viewing

What would be the reason for some web sites not being able to be viewed
properly. For example say I visit a financial institution site and the
financial data is displayed but the navigation bar to go between say savings
and checking does not show - instead all that shows is a red X. I thought it
was the web site at first but I veiwed the same site on another PC and the
web site appeared as it should it - there was no red X just the checking and
savings options you could choose. I checked the setting between both PCs as
far as the internet security settings so where else would I look and what am
I looking for to resolve the issue?

Thanks for the help
1 answer Last reply
More about internet viewing

    Red X image displayed where the applet should be, applets won't run
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/redximage.xml

    You should download the newest Java software, available
    free, from Sun Microsystems:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

    Make sure to uninstall the old version of Java first.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Snip" wrote:

    | What would be the reason for some web sites not being able to be viewed
    | properly. For example say I visit a financial institution site and the
    | financial data is displayed but the navigation bar to go between say savings
    | and checking does not show - instead all that shows is a red X. I thought it
    | was the web site at first but I veiwed the same site on another PC and the
    | web site appeared as it should it - there was no red X just the checking and
    | savings options you could choose. I checked the setting between both PCs as
    | far as the internet security settings so where else would I look and what am
    | I looking for to resolve the issue?
    |
    | Thanks for the help

Internet Windows XP