Internet Web Viewing

July 10, 2005 10:28:01 PM

What would be the reason for some web sites not being able to be viewed
properly. For example say I visit a financial institution site and the
financial data is displayed but the navigation bar to go between say savings
and checking does not show - instead all that shows is a red X. I thought it
was the web site at first but I veiwed the same site on another PC and the
web site appeared as it should it - there was no red X just the checking and
savings options you could choose. I checked the setting between both PCs as
far as the internet security settings so where else would I look and what am
I looking for to resolve the issue?

Thanks for the help

More about : internet web viewing

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 1:49:05 AM

Red X image displayed where the applet should be, applets won't run
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/redximage.xml

You should download the newest Java software, available
free, from Sun Microsystems:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Make sure to uninstall the old version of Java first.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

!