windows h and pro question

Cheese

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005

on my computer I have installed windows pro and also windows home. when i get
into windows home and try to install an update from microsoft it asks for the
pro disk which i no longer have and when i'm in pro it asks for the home disk
and either way i try i get an error. I have the windows home edition still
but this is confusing me a little...

Perform a "clean install" of the Windows XP operating system you
actually own and have the proper CD and Product Key for.

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"cheese" wrote:

| on my computer I have installed windows pro and also windows home. when i get
| into windows home and try to install an update from microsoft it asks for the
| pro disk which i no longer have and when i'm in pro it asks for the home disk
| and either way i try i get an error. I have the windows home edition still
| but this is confusing me a little...

kelly

What is the verbatim error message?

In the meantime: Why can't I download updates?

And:

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)