my computer/change a setting

-
Hello,
Windows XP
When I click on My Computer/Change a Setting
or
My Computer / Control Panel
Control Panel does not open, I timeout with not responding.
how do you fix this and what causes it?

I can click on Start/Settings/Control Panel and it open OK
Thanks in advance, Terry
1 answer Last reply
More about computer change setting

    Start by running this combo:

    Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

    Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    <NoSpamZtheitman@nospamZolsbuff.com> wrote in message
    > -
    > Hello,
    > Windows XP
    > When I click on My Computer/Change a Setting
    > or
    > My Computer / Control Panel
    > Control Panel does not open, I timeout with not responding.
    > how do you fix this and what causes it?
    >
    > I can click on Start/Settings/Control Panel and it open OK
    > Thanks in advance, Terry

Control Panel Computers Microsoft Windows XP