Clean windows 7 install on a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordcolin88

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Thanks for reading!

My girlfriend and sister have laptops, gf has a dell(i know, it was against my advice) and sister has a Acer. Both complain of bloadware, understandably so. Can i use my windows 7 home "premium" disc to install a clean install and use their valid product key? It is a full retail copy that i have legally purchased from a chain retailer. Their laptops have the product key sticker from microsoft. they both have the same version, Windows 7 home "premium." Also, could i install a (small form factor) ssd and then install windows? there is an available drive bay. ]

Thank you very much!

lordcolin88

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
bummer, if i paid for a key from an online retailer would work then? where would i get the windows software to install on a ssd? there is only a recovery disc with the laptops which as i understand do not have the full windows os on them, i could be quite wrong i am sure of that too.

lordcolin88

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
okay, what if i purchased a new copy for the laptops, would that function correctly? What i am asking is does dell or acer make drivers not available to prohibit installation of a clean copy of windows? for example

Status
Not open for further replies.