halo help please

hey,

awhile ago i bought halo for the pc. It installed fine but when ever i went
to play it a screen poped up saying

" a problem occured intializing direct3d. Hardware exceleration maybe
disabeled. Please run DXDIAG."

can someone tell me what this means?

and sometimes it gives me the option to play in safe mode but when that
happnes a notice appears telling me i dont have enough memory. Can someone
tell me what to do to get my game working?

Hi Alex,

Sounds like you might not have a compatible video card installed.
Check this article for supported cards, and what the error means:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=829478 Hope that helps! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"alex11593" <alex11593@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDA5A7A4-1037-4975-A6FA-F8A2EC027DEA@microsoft.com...
| hey,
|
| awhile ago i bought halo for the pc. It installed fine but when ever i went
| to play it a screen poped up saying
|
| " a problem occured intializing direct3d. Hardware exceleration maybe
| disabeled. Please run DXDIAG."
|
| can someone tell me what this means?
|
| and sometimes it gives me the option to play in safe mode but when that
| happnes a notice appears telling me i dont have enough memory. Can someone
| tell me what to do to get my game working?

TRENDING THREADS