optiplex gx280 sata controller

Hi,
i need to install windows2000 from scratch to create a new image of it
on a dell gx280. Im booting directly from the w2k installation cd, it start
it is because of the SATA controller, anyone know where i could find the
drivers ?

Thx !
le_papa

le_papa wrote:

> Hi,
> i need to install windows2000 from scratch to create a new image of it
> on a dell gx280. Im booting directly from the w2k installation cd, it start
> it is because of the SATA controller, anyone know where i could find the
> drivers ?

Did you receive any type of "ResourceCD?"

Notan

kolon

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
You may need to change the sata controller behaviour in the bios.

Boot to the bios, scroll down to where it says something like "Controller" (the help text will start talking about the sata controller and "older operating systems". There will be two options "normal" and "combined" (or similar). If you switch to the other one that is there, it should boot to the install fine.

Sorry that this is a bit vague, this is all from memory, and I had this issue when installing VMWare ESXi 3.5 on one a few weeks ago...

HTH