Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Re-re-released puzzle game: Praser 5

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:39:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

I finally got around to rebuilding a sort-of-IF game which I wrote in
1989. I had ported it to the Web in 1994 or so, but it went away when
I changed jobs in 1995. Then I put it back up for a while in 1997. Now
it's back, as a Z-code game. (Though with single-word input, not a
full IF parser.)

<http://www.eblong.com/zarf/ftp/praser5.z5&gt;

It's more word puzzles than fiction, but -- well, you decide.

(Not on the Archive yet. I'll upload it in a few days, in case I get
more bug reports by then.)

--Z

"And Aholibamah bare Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah: these were the borogoves..."
*
I'm still thinking about what to put in this space.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 4:19:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

In article <d59943$43t$1@reader1.panix.com>,
Andrew Plotkin <erkyrath@eblong.com> wrote:
> I finally got around to rebuilding a sort-of-IF game which I wrote in
> 1989. I had ported it to the Web in 1994 or so, but it went away when
> I changed jobs in 1995. Then I put it back up for a while in 1997. Now
> it's back, as a Z-code game. (Though with single-word input, not a
> full IF parser.)

And, once again, I'm beating my head against it. I think I've managed
to reach or pass the point at which I became irrevocably stuck last time.

I think I need to hope that someone can give me a suitably gentle hint.

I'm stuck trying to find out what the Typhon wants to hear. I've
decoded at least three of the Marks on the literal plane. Is the Mark
of fire the trivial acrostic, or is there a deeper puzzle to solve? I
assume the latter, but I haven't made any progress figuring out what I'm
looking for.

- Damien
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 9:24:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

In article <neild-usenet4-E58718.00192216052005@news.newsguy.com>,
Damien Neil <neild-usenet4@misago.org> wrote:
> I'm stuck trying to find out what the Typhon wants to hear. I've
> decoded at least three of the Marks on the literal plane. Is the Mark
> of fire the trivial acrostic, or is there a deeper puzzle to solve? I
> assume the latter, but I haven't made any progress figuring out what I'm
> looking for.

Hah! Found it. Now to figure out what I'm missing on the Plane of
Essence...

- Damien
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 3:36:37 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

In article <neild-usenet4-CB96FD.17245416052005@news.newsguy.com>,
Damien Neil <neild-usenet4@misago.org> wrote:
> Hah! Found it. Now to figure out what I'm missing on the Plane of
> Essence...

And solved it at last, albeit only after consulting with a friend on the
Mark of Fire puzzle. (It was really easy once he pointed out the
obvious approach that I was missing....)

Thanks for rereleasing this, Zarf. I've been annoyed for years that I
didn't manage to get to the end when last it was available.

- Damien
!