Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP2006

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
I basically inherited a new computer. It's basically new. It is a Dell M6400 Covet. It has a Intel Qx9300, 12GB of RAM, and Nvidia FX3700 1GB.

Now, I'm not stupid, I know this is a crazy expensive powerful workhorse of a workstation.. But how does it fare as a gaming rig? I'm finding mixed reviews of the GPU, specifically. I haven't been gaming in a few years due to old computer's limitations, so th is is all new to me. What games out there could I use to showcase it's raw power?

Thanks,
Chris

None, really. All the games out there are designed in mind for standard graphics cards, not professional ones. The card has lots of power, sure, but the drivers for them are written expecting you to start up 3dsmax, not crysis.

Just try and play a game. See what happens. Write a review if you want - that'd be interesting to see.

ChrisP2006

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
Ah. That's a shame. Oh well. I suppose it would be good for the once in a year that I do some 3d modeling at school. haha.

That being said, there is probably a way to flash the video BIOS to show as its gaming card counter part. Physically, there is very little to no difference between a professional series card and their gaming counter part.

Note: If you do find a way to flash the vBIOS, you do it understanding that it will most likely void your warranty and you are thus on your own.

ChrisP2006

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008

Yeah, I'd like to avoid voiding my warranty. Just curious, do you know off hand what the gaming card counter part is? I'd just be curious to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.