Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Shutting down on its own.

Last response: in Windows 7
September 12, 2012 12:57:22 AM

Ok here is a real head scratcher for you guys. My system will on occassion just shutdown. Its not a hard shutdown, it goes thru the normal Windows 7 shutdown process as if I had told it to shut down. I can boot it right back up, and all is well, nothing out of the ordinary. I checked out the event viewer and the only thing in there before this happened is an error with "Event ID: 36888" and it gives this as a description "The following fatal alert was generated: 70. The internal error state is 105". I have no clue what is going on. It has not done this while I was actually using it, it has always happened while I was away from it. Anyone know what this means?

More about : windows shutting

September 12, 2012 5:54:55 AM

athlondude said:
Ok here is a real head scratcher for you guys. My system will on occassion just shutdown. Its not a hard shutdown, it goes thru the normal Windows 7 shutdown process as if I had told it to shut down. I can boot it right back up, and all is well, nothing out of the ordinary. I checked out the event viewer and the only thing in there before this happened is an error with "Event ID: 36888" and it gives this as a description "The following fatal alert was generated: 70. The internal error state is 105". I have no clue what is going on. It has not done this while I was actually using it, it has always happened while I was away from it. Anyone know what this means?

Nevermind, It would seem I have a very smart 4 year old son.
m
l
!