Password sign-in

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I am running Hitman 2 on a limited account. In order for me to save games, I
have to sign in an administrator account.

Since I have others sign in using the administrator account, it lets them
know my administrator password, which I do not like.

When I "run as", it does not offer to remember the password when I select
"the following user" to sign in as administrator. Anyone know how to get it
to remember the password?

I figure it's less chance of anyone trying to know my password.
9 answers Last reply
More about password sign
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Dunno if this'll work, but try going to Start...Run and type in -

    control userpasswords2

    and see if that will do it.

    "Ron" wrote:

    > I am running Hitman 2 on a limited account. In order for me to save games, I
    > have to sign in an administrator account.
    >
    > Since I have others sign in using the administrator account, it lets them
    > know my administrator password, which I do not like.
    >
    > When I "run as", it does not offer to remember the password when I select
    > "the following user" to sign in as administrator. Anyone know how to get it
    > to remember the password?
    >
    > I figure it's less chance of anyone trying to know my password.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    "Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running Hitman 2 on a limited account. In order for me to save
    >games, I have to sign in an administrator account.
    >
    > Since I have others sign in using the administrator account, it lets
    > them know my administrator password, which I do not like.
    >
    > When I "run as", it does not offer to remember the password when I
    > select "the following user" to sign in as administrator. Anyone know
    > how to get it to remember the password?
    >
    > I figure it's less chance of anyone trying to know my password.

    Give the user or group the proper permissions to the folder that saves
    your games and if that does work, give the user/group proper permissions
    where the game is installed.

    How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in
    Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

    --
    William
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    None of these work.

    There must be another workaround.

    "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I am running Hitman 2 on a limited account. In order for me to save games,
    >>I have to sign in an administrator account.
    >>
    >> Since I have others sign in using the administrator account, it lets them
    >> know my administrator password, which I do not like.
    >>
    >> When I "run as", it does not offer to remember the password when I select
    >> "the following user" to sign in as administrator. Anyone know how to get
    >> it to remember the password?
    >>
    >> I figure it's less chance of anyone trying to know my password.
    >>

    > Give the user or group the proper permissions to the folder that saves
    > your games and if that does work, give the user/group proper permissions
    > where the game is installed.
    >
    > How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in Windows
    > XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418
    >
    > --
    > William

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    > "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I am running Hitman 2 on a limited account. In order for me to save
    >>>games, I have to sign in an administrator account.
    >>>
    >>> Since I have others sign in using the administrator account, it lets
    >>> them know my administrator password, which I do not like.
    >>>
    >>> When I "run as", it does not offer to remember the password when I
    >>> select "the following user" to sign in as administrator. Anyone know
    >>> how to get it to remember the password?
    >>>
    >>> I figure it's less chance of anyone trying to know my password.
    >>>

    >> Give the user or group the proper permissions to the folder that
    >> saves your games and if that does work, give the user/group proper
    >> permissions where the game is installed.
    >>
    >> How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in
    >> Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418
    >>
    > None of these work.
    >
    > There must be another workaround.

    Installing and running software in Windows XP
    http://www.rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

    Also contact the game manufacturer, they may have a solution.

    This has happened to me as well in the past, but I was able to fix the
    problem with user permissions on certain folders and files.

    --
    William
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Very odd. Still none of these work. I have tried to give administrator
    privileges and nothing.

    I updated the program and nothing.

    Any ideas?

    > "Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    >>> Give the user or group the proper permissions to the folder that saves
    >>> your games and if that does work, give the user/group proper permissions
    >>> where the game is installed.
    >>>
    >>> How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in
    >>> Windows XP
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418
    >>>
    >> None of these work.
    >>
    >> There must be another workaround.
    >
    > Installing and running software in Windows XP
    > http://www.rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm
    >
    > Also contact the game manufacturer, they may have a solution.
    >
    > This has happened to me as well in the past, but I was able to fix the
    > problem with user permissions on certain folders and files.
    >
    > --
    > William

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    > "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> None of these work.
    >>>
    >>> There must be another workaround.
    >>
    >> Installing and running software in Windows XP
    >> http://www.rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm
    >>
    >> Also contact the game manufacturer, they may have a solution.
    >>
    >> This has happened to me as well in the past, but I was able to fix
    >> the problem with user permissions on certain folders and files.
    >>
    > Very odd. Still none of these work. I have tried to give administrator
    > privileges and nothing.
    >
    > I updated the program and nothing.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Might be an user registry issue, the user might not have the proper
    keys.

    If you look in the registry when in you're logged into your account,
    look under

    [HKCU\Software\"Program Name or Company name of the game"]

    Then compare the limited user registry keys, you can logged out of your
    account then log into a limited user account, then run regedit with
    admin privileges. To do this, type the following in the run dialog box

    runas /user:youruseraccountname regedit

    then navigate to [HKCU\Software\"Program Name or Company name of the
    game"] to compare the your registry keys to the limited user registry
    keys.

    --
    William
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Hitman+2+on+a+limited+account&btnG=Google+Search
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=Hitman+2+support
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=Hitman+2+faq&btnG=Search

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Very odd. Still none of these work. I have tried to give administrator
    > privileges and nothing.
    >
    > I updated the program and nothing.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> None of these work.
    >>>
    >>> There must be another workaround.
    >>
    >> Installing and running software in Windows XP
    >> http://www.rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm
    >>
    >> Also contact the game manufacturer, they may have a solution.
    >>
    >> This has happened to me as well in the past, but I was able to fix the
    >> problem with user permissions on certain folders and files.
    >>
    >> --
    >> William

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi,
    if none of the other ideas work, your application can get admin rights
    with the tool runasspc.
    www.robotronic.de/runasspcEn.html
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Who are you replying to? Please include the previous message within your
    reply.

    --

    <newsletter1@roboman.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > if none of the other ideas work, your application can get admin rights
    > with the tool runasspc.
    > www.robotronic.de/runasspcEn.html

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP