alucardseres

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello This is A anew user to the Tablet world. Now I am going to start spring 2013 of my school but that is completely unrelated to you all. I am going to get a new Tablet. Because I give Nvida a lot of credit it has a 1.2Ghz Quad core processor.

Now I have a few questions which I think can be answered here

1. Is the Google Nexus 7 the best Tablet there is out there ? For the price and course the features and such.

2. I plan on watching Anime on it. MKV files and such. My question with that is : Is there an app or converter I can use to make sure that my anime runs smoothly with no Lag ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ua6AqJGmLg

If possible I want it to look something like this.

So if there is any recommendations you can make to a new Tablet user like me it would be much appreciated.
P.S. I use MX player on my phone and it seems to get massive amounts of lag so I want to it to play so I can avoid that.
and

3. Are there any other suggestions you can make for me ? IDK like do not get a Tablet. Or get a netbook or something. I am knowledgable enough on computers but not much in the mobile department. Let me know.

cl-scott

Honorable
I'll take a pass on the first question, since Asus makes the Nexus 7 for Google, and I don't want to appear to be spamming or anything like that.

As for your second question, MKV is just a container format, same as AVI. Within that container format you have an audio and a video codec, which is what matters. With tablets and/or cell phones, you want to know EXACTLY what formats the device can decode in hardware, because otherwise you will get maybe 1-2 episodes in before the battery is flat. If you need to reencode the files, then that's what you do, or you figure out some other solution.