M14X: 3 months free sympatico- how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkYoshi

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I got an M14X from dell and it's supposed to deliver tomorrow. I just noticed that on the confirmation email i get 3 months of Sympatico for free :eek: ; seeing as I didn't put it that way, it must have been the default. Anyways, how does the whole thing work? Do some bell guys come to my house and install internet then come 3 months later to remove the whole setup, or do i have to commit to a three year contract? I've double and triple checked and it does not say anywhere that I have to commit, but you never know. If there's a way I could just cancel it, please let me know, as I'm not really interested in the hassle involved; If there's no hassle (unlikely), then I wouldn't mind since my current download limit is very small so I could just use it to download skyrim and whatnot :wahoo: . Anyhow, please let me know what's what and I would very much appreciate it :D
Thank you for your time :sol:
PS: I had no idea where to put this thread, hopefully its the right one :whistle: ...

Solution
It's an internet service. No one is coming over to install anything. You will get instructions on how to connect and use Sympatico if you so desire. Somewhere in the process you will be asked for billing information and credit card. After the free 3 months, the automatic billing will start.

I ignore the pre-packaged deals from Dell and others including the free 3 months trial of anti-virus programs. I buy my own anti-virus program.

Just don't install anything. If they do not have your billing information, they cannot bill you.
It's an internet service. No one is coming over to install anything. You will get instructions on how to connect and use Sympatico if you so desire. Somewhere in the process you will be asked for billing information and credit card. After the free 3 months, the automatic billing will start.

I ignore the pre-packaged deals from Dell and others including the free 3 months trial of anti-virus programs. I buy my own anti-virus program.

Just don't install anything. If they do not have your billing information, they cannot bill you.

Solution

DarkYoshi

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I actually asked them (dell customer care), and they told me it was a card I get in the packaging which comes with I number I could give to bell to activate it, so I'll just ignore it.
Also, I think you replied to my other question regarding my XPS 15 L502X. Well, after 3 hours on the phone, the manager agreed to let me trade in my unopened replacement for an M14x, so I guess that makes me lucky :D . At least, I hope it does :whistle: . And btw, are you like the only guy who responds to dell questions on this website? You're awesome and everything, but I thought this website would be more populated...
Anyways, thanks for your help,
Peace :sol:
PS: Yeah, I also just use AVG free edition, i tried mcafee, and it was :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you! And I use Kaspersky Internet Security. I buy the CD version for 3 computers for $20 on the day after Thanksgiving; November 25, 2011.

I have been using Kaspersky for the past 3 years and am very satisfied. Prior to that I used Norton.

Status
Not open for further replies.