How to Disable Visual Themes?

How do I disable visual themes in XP..

I've tracked down a problem in IE to this and need to disable them.

TIA

Chris
2 answers Last reply
More about disable visual themes

    Chris Dove wrote:
    > How do I disable visual themes in XP..
    >
    > I've tracked down a problem in IE to this and need to disable them.

    If you just want to do this for IE, in Internet Explorer select Tools,
    Internet Options and go to the Advanced tab. Under browsing remove the
    check from "Enable visual styles from buttons and controls in web pages" and
    click Apply.

    If you want do disable visual themes for all of Windows, right click on the
    desktop and select Properties. Go to the Appearance tab and change the
    selection under Windows and buttons to Windows Classic style. Apply the
    changes.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    Perfect.. Worked a treat..

    I actually looked in the advanced tab, but obviously not hard enough!

    Thanks Tom

    "Tom Porterfield" <tpporter@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Chris Dove wrote:
    >> How do I disable visual themes in XP..
    >>
    >> I've tracked down a problem in IE to this and need to disable them.
    >
    > If you just want to do this for IE, in Internet Explorer select Tools,
    > Internet Options and go to the Advanced tab. Under browsing remove the
    > check from "Enable visual styles from buttons and controls in web pages"
    > and click Apply.
    >
    > If you want do disable visual themes for all of Windows, right click on
    > the desktop and select Properties. Go to the Appearance tab and change
    > the selection under Windows and buttons to Windows Classic style. Apply
    > the changes.
    > --
    > Tom Porterfield
    > MS-MVP Windows
    > http://support.telop.org
    >
    > Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP