Sign in with
Your question

Display recommendations for non-gamer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 17, 2007 2:19:26 AM

Hi, I'm looking for a 19 or 20 inch widescreen that's really sharp for text and easy to look at for extended periods of time, mainly office stuff and movies. I don't really play FPS's anymore, so fast response time isn't as much of an issue.

I've been considering the Dell 2007WFP but ideally I'd like something a little less expensive.

How decent is the Samsung 205BW? Or LG 204WTX? Maybe the Samsung 940BW?
May 18, 2007 4:00:37 AM

All LCD monitors are going to be just as sharp as the next one (if you get DVI or HDMI), so just pick a good price and size.

On the other hand, there is the issue of pixel size. Take a look at the 20", 19" and others to see which pixel size you like better for reading text. If you can find a 20" standard ratio to look at, that'd be good too.
May 18, 2007 5:16:28 AM

Thanks for the reply. DVI is how I'll go, since I just picked up a 7600GT to go with it. Looking at them is good advice, when I was in the store the other day the Benq monitors were actually pretty impressive for the video clip being played.

What do you mean by a 20"" standard ratio though? You mean comparing a 4:3 ratio monitor against 16:10 ratio monitors?
May 19, 2007 12:34:58 AM

Standard ratio meaning non-widescreen

the 20" models have more pixels per square inch than the 19" models. This will give you more details, but can make things smaller. So, you need to figure out what's best for you.
!