Why this Local Security Policy here?!

My friends,

I´ve a doubt about some parameters of Local Security Policy on Windows XP
Professional. Why exists the parameter "Domain controller: LDAP server
signing requirements" on Windows XP Professional?

I read some documents that this parameter refers to the server. It indicates
how a server will handle LDAP connections. I believe that a Windows XP
Professional station never can be a LDAP server, so, why this parameter
exists?!

My regards,
--
Felipe Perez
Security Analyst

    XP is based on NT/2000 code. NT/2000 had two versions. One was a standard
    PC (NT workstation/2000 Pro) and a server version. It seems that Microsoft
    did not clear out most server parameters since this may help programmers to
    "write" server applications.

    "Felipe Perez" <FelipePerez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My friends,
    >
    > I´ve a doubt about some parameters of Local Security Policy on Windows XP
    > Professional. Why exists the parameter "Domain controller: LDAP server
    > signing requirements" on Windows XP Professional?
    >
    > I read some documents that this parameter refers to the server. It
    > indicates
    > how a server will handle LDAP connections. I believe that a Windows XP
    > Professional station never can be a LDAP server, so, why this parameter
    > exists?!
    >
    > My regards,
    > --
    > Felipe Perez
    > Security Analyst

    Leclerc,

    It´s mean that if I change the value of this kinds of parameters nothing
    will happend?
    Could I consider this kinds of parameters as "deads parameters" for Windows
    XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro?

    My regards,
    Felipe Perez
    Security Analyst

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > XP is based on NT/2000 code. NT/2000 had two versions. One was a standard
    > PC (NT workstation/2000 Pro) and a server version. It seems that Microsoft
    > did not clear out most server parameters since this may help programmers to
    > "write" server applications.
    >

    > "Felipe Perez" <FelipePerez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My friends,
    > >
    > > I´ve a doubt about some parameters of Local Security Policy on Windows XP
    > > Professional. Why exists the parameter "Domain controller: LDAP server
    > > signing requirements" on Windows XP Professional?
    > >
    > > I read some documents that this parameter refers to the server. It
    > > indicates
    > > how a server will handle LDAP connections. I believe that a Windows XP
    > > Professional station never can be a LDAP server, so, why this parameter
    > > exists?!
    > >
    > > My regards,
    > > --
    > > Felipe Perez