Why this Local Security Policy here?!

My friends,

I´ve a doubt about some parameters of Local Security Policy on Windows XP
Professional. Why exists the parameter "Domain controller: LDAP server
signing requirements" on Windows XP Professional?

I read some documents that this parameter refers to the server. It indicates
how a server will handle LDAP connections. I believe that a Windows XP
Professional station never can be a LDAP server, so, why this parameter
exists?!

My regards,
--
Felipe Perez
Security Analyst

XP is based on NT/2000 code. NT/2000 had two versions. One was a standard
PC (NT workstation/2000 Pro) and a server version. It seems that Microsoft
did not clear out most server parameters since this may help programmers to
"write" server applications.

"Felipe Perez" <FelipePerez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friends,
>
> I´ve a doubt about some parameters of Local Security Policy on Windows XP
> Professional. Why exists the parameter "Domain controller: LDAP server
> signing requirements" on Windows XP Professional?
>
> I read some documents that this parameter refers to the server. It
> indicates
> how a server will handle LDAP connections. I believe that a Windows XP
> Professional station never can be a LDAP server, so, why this parameter
> exists?!
>
> My regards,
> --
> Felipe Perez
> Security Analyst

Leclerc,

It´s mean that if I change the value of this kinds of parameters nothing
will happend?
Could I consider this kinds of parameters as "deads parameters" for Windows
XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro?

My regards,
Felipe Perez
Security Analyst