Sign in with
Your question

Non matching dual monitor setup...

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 20, 2007 3:03:45 AM

I am curious if anyones ever purchased or used a setup where you had dual monitors, one being a 5:4 ratio, the other a wide screen? I'm thinking about purchasing one wide screen monitor that rotates vertically for coding, and one "normal" monitor for checking multiple site resolutions and playing games.

Also does anyone know a site that lists the actual dimensions of the current line of Dell monitors. I'd be interested in finding a wide screen monitor that's about the same size viewing area vertically(when in horizontal wide screen) as a 5:4 monitor.

For example I'd like to get say a 19" 5:4 monitor, and then a 22" wide screen, so they appear to be the same height vertically. It may sound weird but I'm visually compulsive like that. Thanks.
May 20, 2007 5:27:11 AM

My primary monitor is a widescreen Dell 1920x1200 2407fwp and my seconday monitor on the side is a regular 1600x1200 20" LCD (Samsung 204B). I find this setup works very well (although I'd like another 20" on the left of my primary)
May 20, 2007 8:55:21 PM

I have used dual CRT's of different and same resolutions with no problems using ATI cards... makes no difference concerned with dual monitor support, since res and ref rate can indeed be different per monitor and still work fine...
!