No Creative Sound Cards will Install, please help!

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
A friend has been trying to Install Creative Sound cards for over a year now and no matter what creative card he tries it will not work. Same story every time for every card

The software will Only install to 95% and stops. Restart computer and freezes every single time. It will only install the software and not drivers for the card. Can't even uninstall all the crap that comes with Creative. Try to uninstall, it says uninstall complete but crap is still there on reboot

We've tried every way imaginable to get it to work but to no avail. Install software first then put in card, Install card then software but it just aint happenin

We disabled the onboard sound and removed the drivers for that and nuthin. The MOBO is a Soyo Dragon Plus with AMD 2100+ It has On board CMedia 8738

Please help with any ideas cause this is very frustrating.
Thanks in advance!

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger

lb19984

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
First Unninstall the onboard sounds software then download driver cleaner 3 (make a search on google0 and remove the drivers then Put the new sound card in then install software
Did you try reinstalling OS?
Make sure onboard sound is disabled in bios

<A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/lb19984/" target="_new">My Rig</A>

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
Wow gotta love all the replies and different opinions.

Nothing works. Untill he gets a new MOBO he will never try creative again.
However the driver cleaner 3 did get rid of the leftover crap,

Thanks alot for your help lb19984

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Did you try doing a clean windows install?
Did you try different pci slots?

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
Yep, tried it all, same story. Except fresh os. I do know he reformatted after trying but didnt try installing card after reformat cause too aggravated and disgusted and returned every card ever tried.

At first we used pci slot under vga slot but then found out was on same irq or some crap. But at this point he's given up on creative. But im sure when he gets a new MOBO, he will try again.

Thank you for advice.

I personnaly have Augigy 2 and have no problems.