Lookin' for a good Anti-virus

I used to always use AVG Free but this new 2013 model I just downloaded it bulky as all else. So I'm trying to see what other peoples suggestions are? Just something low weight, but good.
11 answers Last reply
More about lookin good anti virus
  1. I use Avira but the update "ad" thing is a little annoying. Though you can just set it up to update at a time when you are away from the pc
  2. Paid - Bitdefender or GDATA

Free - Avast

But don't take my word for it, check AV-Compartives.org AV-Test.Org ICSA Labs and Westcoast Labs
  3. I second MSE, just set it and forget it.
  4. Give MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) a go... if you don't like it, then you can look for other alternatives.

Since August 2011, I've been running MSE on all my computers with the exception of one which uses a paid antivirus package.
  5. Paid - Bitdefender or GDATA

Why get Bitdefender when GDATA is bitdefender and avast under one gui

Get Gdata its the lowest on resources and you get 2 antivirus engines under 1 hood.
  6. SR-71 Blackbird said:

Why get Bitdefender when GDATA is bitdefender and avast under one gui

Get Gdata its the lowest on resources and you get 2 antivirus engines under 1 hood.

Good point
  7. I've been using MSE as well for over a year on my personal, as well as many of my client's builds. Works great, updates frequently.
  8. I muse MSE . With Malwarebytes and MCAfee as an on demand scanners to pick up anything potentially missed by MSE. No problems with any of them, and all free.
  9. Hi :)

NIS 2012

All the best Brett :)
  10. I'm using Windows defender, malwarebytes, and tight firewall rules..
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Antivirus Windows 7