Corrupt Hard Drive, "IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL" blue screen

My system had a bad stick of ram, as I found out later, that made it
reboot everytime I tried something, like reading larger ammounts of
data from tha hard drive.
At first I thought it might be the OS, and since I have 2 partition on
a 76gb IDE hard drive, I thought I will reformat and reinstall the os
on the first partition.
During the winXP setup, after formating the first partition, while
copying files the system rebooted again. Now when I try to reboot I am
getting a blue screen talking about ntsys file being bad or missing and
"IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL" or something like that.
I move the hard drive into a diferent computer, as a seccondary, non
bootable drive but when I start this system I am getting the same
error. I tried on 3 diferent computers, one with a 64bit OS with the
same results. I also tried booting entirely from a CD with a WinPE CD
and I am also getting the blue screen.

Is there anything I can do to get this hard drive into a state where I
can copy the data from the seccond partition?

Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about corrupt hard drive irql_not less_or_equal blue screen

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left hand column
    (0A)

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    <coristepan@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > My system had a bad stick of ram, as I found out later, that made it
    > reboot everytime I tried something, like reading larger ammounts of
    > data from tha hard drive.
    > At first I thought it might be the OS, and since I have 2 partition on
    > a 76gb IDE hard drive, I thought I will reformat and reinstall the os
    > on the first partition.
    > During the winXP setup, after formating the first partition, while
    > copying files the system rebooted again. Now when I try to reboot I am
    > getting a blue screen talking about ntsys file being bad or missing and
    > "IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL" or something like that.
    > I move the hard drive into a diferent computer, as a seccondary, non
    > bootable drive but when I start this system I am getting the same
    > error. I tried on 3 diferent computers, one with a 64bit OS with the
    > same results. I also tried booting entirely from a CD with a WinPE CD
    > and I am also getting the blue screen.
    >
    > Is there anything I can do to get this hard drive into a state where I
    > can copy the data from the seccond partition?
    >
    > Thank you.

Blue Screen Hard Drives Partition Windows XP