  • Video
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 11, 2005 11:07:56 PM

Despite Having thumbs selected for views in my folders only picture files
are displayed as thumbs.
If any one could point me in the direction of a fix for this problem I will
be very grateful.

Regards... Stuart.

--
Remove 'nospam' from the address to email me

More about : video file thumbs displayed

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:02:42 AM

Restore Thumbnail Views in XP (Line 17)

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Stuart wrote:

> Despite Having thumbs selected for views in my folders only picture files
> are displayed as thumbs.
> If any one could point me in the direction of a fix for this problem I will
> be very grateful.
>
> Regards... Stuart.

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:55:32 PM

For which filetype? Type this in Start-Run:

regsvr32 shmedia

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Stuart" <mongrel1999NoSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Despite Having thumbs selected for views in my folders only picture files
> are displayed as thumbs.
> If any one could point me in the direction of a fix for this problem I
> will be very grateful.
>
> Regards... Stuart.
>

> --
> Remove 'nospam' from the address to email me

Related resources
July 12, 2005 3:37:51 PM

Thank you for your help. I have downloaded the file but before I execute it
I need to know if the fix is really the one I need.
After I had done a little more investigation on my system I found that it
was only on the SATA drives that video files didn't display thumbs. I
transferred a video file back to an IDE drive and the thumb appeared.
If you know this file will still help please let me know.
Regards.... Stuart.

--
"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
news:o 4uMsknhFHA.3012@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Restore Thumbnail Views in XP (Line 17)
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Stuart wrote:
>
>> Despite Having thumbs selected for views in my folders only picture files
>> are displayed as thumbs.
>> If any one could point me in the direction of a fix for this problem I
>> will be very grateful.
>>
>> Regards... Stuart.

July 13, 2005 10:14:10 PM

As I didn't get an answer to my SATA question I went ahead anyway.
(Something I wouldn't normally do without further advice) It worked. Thank
you ever so much for the link.
Is it possible for me to find out why these thumbs didn't work on SATA
drives and why they needed a patch. My enquiring mind needs to know.
Thanks once again.... Brilliant!
Regards.... Stuart.

--

!