Patching windows 7 32-bit with ram patch

rudrarules

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hi. I am going to play games like maxpayne 3 and crysis 2 on my pc which is windows 7 32-bit. I dont have 64-bit, so only 3.5gb out of 4gb ram is usable. should i install the patch. will 512mb make any difference?

my config is : core i5 2500
asus gtx 560 and 4gig ram.

Solution
The only change you will see is the memory size in the "system" control panel.

Besides, you may end up with BSOD's as I've seen it whereby some video card drives are in conflict with this patch.

IMHO I'd rather back up all my data, format and install the 64-bit verson of the OS than run a half baked system based on hack patches!

rudrarules

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

Does that mean that the 32-bit ram patch does not work?

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
The only change you will see is the memory size in the "system" control panel.

Besides, you may end up with BSOD's as I've seen it whereby some video card drives are in conflict with this patch.

IMHO I'd rather back up all my data, format and install the 64-bit verson of the OS than run a half baked system based on hack patches!

Solution

OrcinusAdamantos

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

that is total bullsh1t. When you patch your kernel to allow the PAE extension to function. If you have 4GB installed. Then all but 3MB, yes, 3MB is the reserve for hardware. The rest is usable RAM. There are too many wana be smart asses out here on the net that may remember word for word what they have read, but they havent done shit. They obviously are not the right people to ask if they just take what they are told. That is not my idea of a person of reference.

FYI 32bit Windows servers average 64GB of RAM on the high end. And on the low side you would see something around 12GB. Dont try to pollute peoples minds with your virgin experiences. :kaola: :mad:
http://

petyer2cfu

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
I myself have used ram patch for several years with no issues at all, for 8GB and 12GB machines using Windows 7 pro, I had to use it as we had apps that would only work in 32bit systems which was core to the client.. i normally use 64bit otherwise, but it is a bit of a scam, absolutely no reason once so ever for this limitation.. I believe if memory serves me right that Microsoft did and maybe still do a 32bit windows server 2003 data center version that could access 64GB of ram without issue.