help as soon as i play a dvd my machine reboots after a few seconds into the
movie. i have a ricoh dvd+rw/+r drive which has worked perfectly 4 years.
any thoughts/ suggestions.

Hi, Lordsmith.

Please check the other newsgroup(s) where you asked this question.

On those rare occasions when you MUST ask the same question in multiple
newsgroups, please crosspost rather than multipost. That is, put all the
newsgroup names into the Newsgroups box of a single OE message. That way,
your message will appear in all those groups but, when I read it in one, it
will be marked "Read" (for me) in all of them. The payoff for you is that
all the responses will appear in a single coherent thread in each of the NGs
and you won't have to check each of them in turn. Also, if you get bad or
incomplete advice in one group, it can be corrected or completed by a reader
in a different NG.

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question (sounds like a hardware
glitch to me), but crossposting - not multiposting - is your best approach
to getting a good answer.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"lordsmith" <marshalldosentmatter@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> help as soon as i play a dvd my machine reboots after a few seconds into
> the
> movie. i have a ricoh dvd+rw/+r drive which has worked perfectly 4 years.
> any thoughts/ suggestions.

CD drive or DVD drive errors may cause unexpected program crash in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884071

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OnF9F9khFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
lordsmith <marshalldosentmatter@hotmail.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
> help as soon as i play a dvd my machine reboots after a few seconds into
> the movie. i have a ricoh dvd+rw/+r drive which has worked perfectly 4
> years. any thoughts/ suggestions.

After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Wesley Vogel had this to
say:

> CD drive or DVD drive errors may cause unexpected program crash in Windows
> XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884071

Haha, sure do like the MickeyMouse solution to this problem: "To resolve
these problems, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for
more help."

What kind of operating system crashes because a CD/DVD drive is unable to
read a file? A pretty unstable and poorly written one, is my guess.

--
Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus