Using Recovery Console from a Different XP CD-ROM Disk

I need to replace a corrupted ntfs.sys on an OEM system that won't boot.
OS is XP Home OEM.
The system didn't come with an XP CD_ROM disk, only a recovery disk
with a system image.
Can I use my XP Home retail or XP Pro retail CD-ROM disk to boot into
the Recovery Console and copy ntfs.sys from one of those disks?
Is the version of the Recovery Console the same across OEM/retail,
Home/Pro, Orig/SP1/SP2 ?
Is the version of ntfs.sys the same across OEM/retail, Home/Pro,
Orig/SP1/SP2 ?
If not, is there somewhere in C:\Windows that I should browse to to find an
uncorrupted copy of the file?

Thanks,

M.B.

Yes that's fine to use to start the recovery console but use the file from a
machine that is at the same SP level or download and extract-only the
service pack files and use this as the source for your repair.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]