Picture and Fax Viewer

The above program seems to be the default for opening .bmp files and I am
unable to set the default for Corel PhotoPaint 12.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

rq
5 answers Last reply
More about picture viewer

    What is your operating system??? If it is Windows XP try this.....

    1. Right click on one of you .bmp files.
    2. Select the "open with" option
    3. Check the box that says always open files of this type.....(I can't
    remember exactly what it says, but it is something to that effect.)
    4. Find your Correl Photopaint program in the list of programs displayed.
    5. Click it and hit OK.

    That is the easiest way to do it. There are other ways, but try this one
    first. Hope that helps you out.

    "RQ" wrote:

    > The above program seems to be the default for opening .bmp files and I am
    > unable to set the default for Corel PhotoPaint 12.
    >
    > Any assistance would be appreciated.
    >
    > rq

    On this date, =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?= extended this wisdom for the
    consideration of other readers...

    > What is your operating system??? If it is Windows XP try
    > this.....

    It's almost certainly an XP issue, as XP "steals" graphics
    extensions no matter what your app is set to, and even though
    Win Explorer shows the correct app.

    I have this problem with PSP 9 everytime something goes bump in
    the night with my PC. I have to go through the extensions one by
    one and re-set them to PSP 9, even though that's what it
    /already/ says! Very annoying!

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry

    Thanks for the reply, your problem is exactly what is happening to me, I
    can choose PP12 to open a file and I still get the fax viewer, in fact,

    I can't even get PP12 to show up as an option in the "choose program "
    window, although Cdraw12 does. This is the first version of PPaint that I
    have had this problem with.

    Thanks anyway, if I stumble onto a fix I will post it.

    rq

    "All Things Mopar" <useMAPSnet123@comMAPScast.net> wrote in message
    > On this date, =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?= extended this wisdom for the
    > consideration of other readers...
    >
    >> What is your operating system??? If it is Windows XP try
    >> this.....
    >
    > It's almost certainly an XP issue, as XP "steals" graphics
    > extensions no matter what your app is set to, and even though
    > Win Explorer shows the correct app.
    >
    > I have this problem with PSP 9 everytime something goes bump in
    > the night with my PC. I have to go through the extensions one by
    > one and re-set them to PSP 9, even though that's what it
    > /already/ says! Very annoying!
    >
    > --
    > ATM, aka Jerry

    Okay, I think this is the solution:

    Open window's explorer

    Tools

    Folder options

    File Types

    Scroll down list to .bmp

    Under "Details for .bmp extention" it probably says that it opens with the
    pic and fax view.

    Click on Advanced and cancel all actions for the viewer. This seems to get
    it out of the picture.

    Then in the Edit file type window, click on NEW and choose PP12.exe and the
    new icon that should do it. It did it for me anyway.

    Rq

    "RQ" <qurandc@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply, your problem is exactly what is happening to me, I
    > can choose PP12 to open a file and I still get the fax viewer, in fact,
    >

    > I can't even get PP12 to show up as an option in the "choose program "
    > window, although Cdraw12 does. This is the first version of PPaint that I
    > have had this problem with.
    >
    > Thanks anyway, if I stumble onto a fix I will post it.
    >
    > rq
    >

    > "All Things Mopar" <useMAPSnet123@comMAPScast.net> wrote in message
    >> On this date, =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?= extended this wisdom for the
    >> consideration of other readers...
    >>
    >>> What is your operating system??? If it is Windows XP try
    >>> this.....
    >>
    >> It's almost certainly an XP issue, as XP "steals" graphics
    >> extensions no matter what your app is set to, and even though
    >> Win Explorer shows the correct app.
    >>
    >> I have this problem with PSP 9 everytime something goes bump in
    >> the night with my PC. I have to go through the extensions one by
    >> one and re-set them to PSP 9, even though that's what it
    >> /already/ says! Very annoying!
    >>
    >> --
    >> ATM, aka Jerry

    How to change file associations in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > The above program seems to be the default for opening .bmp files and I am
    > unable to set the default for Corel PhotoPaint 12.
    >
    > Any assistance would be appreciated.
    >
    > rq

Default Fax Microsoft Windows XP