Support group needed for 'Heist"

Way back when, I had a TRS-80 from radio shack, which I purchased from a
friend for the exorbitant amount of 100 dollars and a used 33 gal aquarium.
The computer came with a couple of hundred cassettes and included in the box
of software were 4 "Adventure" text based games. My wife and I loved to
play those games and from that experience, all those years ago, I went
looking on the net for a text based game to play last week. I stumbled unto
Heist by Andy Phillips a week ago and have found out to late that the games
have progressed over the years but alas; I have the same old tired brain.

Unfortunately for me I've become hooked on this game and to be honest I need
a bit of help. I have found and manipulated many things in the game but for
the past 2 nights have hit a wall. My wife while supportive and helpful at
first has now been reduced to cryptic 3-word replies to my questions, some
of which cannot be written down here.

For those of you having solved this game could you send me in the right
direction, if you'll pardon the pun? There must be a key puzzle I should be
concentrating on that things will flow from, I hope. Could someone out
there help?

I am holding:
Wooden cane
Glass cutters
Boy's photo
Mechanical arm
Iron bar
Glass sphere
Silver frame
Students photo
Black ribbon
Flowers
Wrapped in plastic
Dirty rope
Letter
Plain wooden box

Thanks in Advance
Doug.

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:10:13 GMT, "Doug" <dug@telus.net> wrote:

>For those of you having solved this game could you send me in the right
>direction, if you'll pardon the pun? There must be a key puzzle I should be
>concentrating on that things will flow from, I hope. Could someone out
>there help?
>
>I am holding:
>Wooden cane
>Glass cutters
>Boy's photo
>Mechanical arm
>Iron bar
>Glass sphere
>Silver frame
> Students photo
>Black ribbon
>Flowers
> Wrapped in plastic
>Dirty rope
>Letter
>Plain wooden box
>
>Thanks in Advance
>Doug.

I'll try to give a couple of hints; reply or email if you want something
more explicit:

From that list, there's a couple of things you can do in the Church, Altar,
Priest's quarters area... you can get at the thing inside the Glass Sphere
(cryptically, the plaque inside your uncle's coffin may help); you also
have what's needed to progress with the Pirate's Statue (check its eyes,
and the hole at the base [you need to be destructive]).

You also (I think) have what you need to open the Plain Wooden Box (the key
here is what the man said at the funeral service -- "The box you hold
contains his legacy. It will open only when surrounded by the _essense_of_
_life_" [my emphasis]).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dug

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Thanks for the help Graham...with your help I'm off to the next
bottleneck.

Thanks again.