svchost.exe problems

Since I upgraded to XP service pack 2 I have started to receive an
application error popup at the time of starting up my laptop.

The popup does not come every time I start up my computer but when it comes
it is at the stage of the Novell login screen(client version 4.90.0.0 SP1a).

The pop up window looks like this:
Svchost.exe - Application error

The instruction at "0x02f513fc" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be written.

Click OK to terminate the program
Click CANCEL to debug the program

I normally click on OK and continue, sometimes I restart and the pop up
doesn’t appear again.Any ideas why this occurs and any permanent solutions??

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/svchost.htm

regards,
ssg MS-MVP