Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cheap laptop for school

Last response: in Mobile Computing
February 2, 2013 4:15:23 AM

Hello tech heads and all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me decide on a good cheap laptop that will be used 90% of the time on campus doing school work and all of the fun stuff related to school things.
I'm not looking to anything that can run Crysis or have 200 tabs open on Chrome while working in CAD with no problem since I build a high end desktop for that sort of stuff. I just would just like some opinions and recommendations for a laptop that can handle the minimum computing workload that schools offers.

More about : cheap laptop school

Best solution

a b D Laptop
February 2, 2013 3:57:21 PM

Your best option would be to visit the web sites of some of the laptop makers and see if any of them have a rebate offer or sale going on.
Toshiba , HP , Sony , Lenovo and Dell are some of the ones that you can look at and I would say Apple in that group but they are a little pricey but would be very good for your school work.
February 3, 2013 4:33:00 AM

Best answer selected by avacadobread.
m
l
Related resources
February 3, 2013 4:36:24 AM

inzone said:
Your best option would be to visit the web sites of some of the laptop makers and see if any of them have a rebate offer or sale going on.
Toshiba , HP , Sony , Lenovo and Dell are some of the ones that you can look at and I would say Apple in that group but they are a little pricey but would be very good for your school work.

I have completely forgot about the student discounts that some manufacturers offer for new purchases. I will now have a much better plan when looking around the interwebs. Thanks for you response and enjoy the "Best Answer" award, you earned it.
m
l
a b D Laptop
February 3, 2013 3:09:12 PM

Good luck with your search and your impending school work.
m
l
!