Stuck at the start of Isle of the Cult

Nathan

I've started playing Isle of the Cult, hoping to be prepared for
the Game of the Week discussion. Embarrassingly, I can't seem to
get any further than 4 points! I see 4 or 5 possible things that
I might fiddle with to get further, but I can't figure out what
to do with them. These are:

- the beacon (although that probably isn't usable until the end,
right?)
- the pin (how to reach it?),
- the monkey (Could I maybe get him to follow me or go retrieve
the pin for me?)
- the dark rooms in the east temple (Do I need to get light, or
is there something I can do in the darkness?)
- the gates (how to open?)

Probably I just need a small nudge at this point. Honestly, I'm
usually pretty good at puzzles. Too bad it lacks in-game hints.
Has anyone produced a walkthrough?

pj

Nathan wrote:
> I've started playing Isle of the Cult, hoping to be prepared for
> the Game of the Week discussion. ... Has anyone produced a walkthrough?

David Welbourn has an excellent map & expansive walkthrough for IOTC up
on his site at the link below:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~dswxyz/sol/islecult.html

Obviously, it contains massive spoilers, so don't go there unless you
are totally stuck. There are a number of threads on r.g.i.f with some
specific hints as well that won't totally blow the game for you.

As to your current position, you need to get through -- or should I say
over? -- the gates before you can do anything else.

PJ

"Nathan" <ntspam2@netscape.net> wrote in message
> I've started playing Isle of the Cult, hoping to be prepared for
> the Game of the Week discussion. Embarrassingly, I can't seem to
> get any further than 4 points! I see 4 or 5 possible things that
> I might fiddle with to get further, but I can't figure out what
> to do with them. These are:
[snip]
> Probably I just need a small nudge at this point. Honestly, I'm
> usually pretty good at puzzles. Too bad it lacks in-game hints.
> Has anyone produced a walkthrough?

Yes, David Wellbourn has, at
http://webhome.idirect.com/~dswxyz/sol/islecult.html.

-- Eric