Dr. Dumont's Wild PARTI: what with the damned duck?

It's been years since I played Dr. Dumont's Wild PARTI but I recently
downloaded the gnusto version and am at it again. Has anyone here ever
played it?

I'm stuck on the same puzzle that killed the game for me in 1990...the
damned duck who follows me around and says "Momma Momma".

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do to/tell the duck? From online
research I know it's a verb phrase, but I'm damned if I can figure it out.

I couldn't care less about the rest of the game but this duck puzzle has
been with me now for 15 years.

I know I'm shooting in the dark here, as it seems likely that no one has
ever heard of the game (it didn't sell too well) but searching the web has
failed me (can't find a hints file anywhere, though I did find maps). So I
thought I'd give Usenet a try. Can't hurt, right?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

**
Captain Infinity
4 answers Last reply
More about dumont wild parti damned duck
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    I haven't played the game, but here are some wild guesses.

    Have you tried quacking or ducking?

    Are there any other ducks in the game that might really be his momma?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Once Upon A Time GQrivy wrote:

    >I haven't played the game, but here are some wild guesses.
    >
    >Have you tried quacking or ducking?

    Yep.

    >Are there any other ducks in the game that might really be his momma?

    Nope.

    **
    Captain Infinity
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Captain Infinity wrote:
    > Once Upon A Time GQrivy wrote:
    >
    > >I haven't played the game, but here are some wild guesses.
    > >
    > >Have you tried quacking or ducking?
    >
    > Yep.
    >
    > >Are there any other ducks in the game that might really be his momma?
    >
    > Nope.
    >

    > **
    > Captain Infinity

    If you download the version on the IF archive, it has hints. More than
    that I can't remember owing to the years I spent on rast.

    -Giles
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front
    door.
    There is a small mailbox here.
    >Read article by Giles:

    >>>I'm stuck on the same puzzle that killed the game for me in 1990...the
    >>>damned duck who follows me around and says "Momma Momma".
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do to/tell the duck? From online
    >>>research I know it's a verb phrase, but I'm damned if I can figure it out.

    >> >Have you tried quacking or ducking?
    >>
    >> Yep.
    >>
    >> >Are there any other ducks in the game that might really be his momma?
    >>
    >> Nope.

    >If you download the version on the IF archive, it has hints. More than
    >that I can't remember owing to the years I spent on rast.

    Thanks Giles! I got my hands on the 1999 version and NOW I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH
    THE DUCK! YAY! It turns out that I'M HIS MOMMA!! A 15 year mystery solved!

    I am so happy I think I'll do the Snoopy Dance!

    .0.
    / \
    ; \_/ ;
    | |
    | |
    | |
    _______; ;_______
    `======='\ /`=======`
    \ /
    _ | | _
    _( \____|=|____/ )_
    ( .---. .---. )
    `-' / \ '-'
    / \
    ; ;
    | .---.|__,
    jgs : / :--'
    .--\ \ |

    **
    Captain Infinity
    ..."...happier than an idiot in Idiotland on 'Idiots Get In Free' day!"
    --Dick Solomon, 3rd Rock From The Sun

Games Video Games