  • Microsoft
  • System Restore
  • Windows XP
July 11, 2005 6:53:45 PM

System restore has ceased to function. Restore points are set but when I
attempt to use one of them I get the message that the restore point can't be
set and no change had been made.

More about : system restore working

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 11:25:38 PM

Hello,

This KB might be of assistance to you:

How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302796

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"RHR" <RHR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> System restore has ceased to function. Restore points are set but when I
> attempt to use one of them I get the message that the restore point can't be
> set and no change had been made.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:30:16 AM

RHR <RHR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>System restore has ceased to function. Restore points are set but when I
>attempt to use one of them I get the message that the restore point can't be
>set and no change had been made.

See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--