Solved

Windows 7 OEM and drivers installation

I'm having trouble installing drivers on my recently assembled custom PC. After turning the computer on, I inserted the Windows 7 disk and it loaded the files. Shortly after, it asked me to insert the CD with the drivers associated with the computer. I inserted the motherboard driver CD but it wasn't recognized. The CD/DVD ROM obviously works because it recognized the Windows 7 disk. I'm not sure what the problem is.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. Please help.

System Specifications:
CPU: Intel Pentium E6700 Dual core 3.2ghz
Mobo: http://www.outletpc.com/zy5331-intel-g41-dg41cn-motherboard.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=20206522684&utm_content=pla&gclid=CJr3xJPzsLICFQYGnQodkHsA2w
RAM: 2x1GB DDR2
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM
Case: NZXT Guardian 921 RB
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows drivers installation
  1. Ok I'll try it. Although I don't see why the driver on the disk it came with won't work.
  2. Best answer
    did you try the auto execute on the cd also look if there is nothing wrong like under where the lens read it
  3. There are 4 drivers for Win7 64-bit, do I need all of them? And there are also 4 bios for 64-bit and 1 software app.
  4. scout_03 said:
    did you try the auto execute on the cd also look if there is nothing wrong like under where the lens read it

I used the same external CD ROM on the laptop i'm currently using and it was recognized, so the apparently the CD is fine. I don't know what you mean by auto execute.
  5. the auto exec is when you explore the cd and start the set up file,sometimes cd reader act in a strange way
  6. I was able to transfer the files on the driver CD to a USB using my laptop and I also downloaded the files online but still no success.

Someone please help, I'm getting desperate.
  7. mabey I shouldn't be using an external usb dvd drive?
  8. i read you last answer did this usb external cd drive need driver and does it been detect correctly under peripheral and printer
  9. No, the usb cd writer doesn't need a driver. I looked in the BIOS and its detected
  10. did you check under peripheral for the usb if there is a ? mark somewhere
  11. Best answer selected by 1337RPG.
  12. Well I guess the usb cd rom was being inresponsive or something. everything worked out when i got my internal cd rom, =)
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 CD-Rom