Won't boot without XP CD in drive?

I've checked my PC bios and I've tried to change the boot device priority to
make HD the first but that still doesn't resolve the issue. I've checked my
boot ini and it is the same as my other PCs-
Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

If I start the PC without the XP CD in the drive, it says no boot device
detected. But if I leave the disk in, it eventually boots off the hard
drive. Is there a registry setting I need to change?
1 answer Last reply
More about boot drive

    In your bios is the hard drive labled as 0 zero or 1 one
    --
    Don Kendrick

    "boe" wrote:

    > I've checked my PC bios and I've tried to change the boot device priority to
    > make HD the first but that still doesn't resolve the issue. I've checked my
    > boot ini and it is the same as my other PCs-
    > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
    > Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    >
    > If I start the PC without the XP CD in the drive, it says no boot device
    > detected. But if I leave the disk in, it eventually boots off the hard
    > drive. Is there a registry setting I need to change?

Boot Windows XP