Won't boot without XP CD in drive?

July 11, 2005 7:20:32 PM

I've checked my PC bios and I've tried to change the boot device priority to
make HD the first but that still doesn't resolve the issue. I've checked my
boot ini and it is the same as my other PCs-
Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

If I start the PC without the XP CD in the drive, it says no boot device
detected. But if I leave the disk in, it eventually boots off the hard
drive. Is there a registry setting I need to change?

More about : boot drive

July 11, 2005 9:24:01 PM

In your bios is the hard drive labled as 0 zero or 1 one
--
Don Kendrick

!