Recording/Loging phone calls to a PC harddrive

Hello,
I have re-posted this.
I want to record and log phone conversations on to my hard drive using
software only if possible.
When I was using a modem I used a programe called Modem Spy, this will not
work with Broadband/ADSL and so on and I no longer have a modem fitted.
I have tried a search on Google with limited results.
Could anyone recomend or name a few products or their websites remembering
that most work only with modems, I have ADSL?
Many thanks

--
Sandal

Its not really what its designed for but the windows encoder would probably
work.Download the encoder from microsoft,once opened select,capture audio
or video,browse for youre newtork connection.You can also record
conversations
thru net meeting,on xp home page,upper R.corner the details on how to start
are shown (try 1st)..

"Sandal" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have re-posted this.
> I want to record and log phone conversations on to my hard drive using
> software only if possible.
> When I was using a modem I used a programe called Modem Spy, this will not
> work with Broadband/ADSL and so on and I no longer have a modem fitted.
> I have tried a search on Google with limited results.
> Could anyone recomend or name a few products or their websites remembering
> that most work only with modems, I have ADSL?
> Many thanks
>
> --
> Sandal

Contact your ISP and ask them. It may not be legal to do so.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Sandal" <Sandal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have re-posted this.
> I want to record and log phone conversations on to my hard drive using
> software only if possible.
> When I was using a modem I used a programe called Modem Spy, this will not
> work with Broadband/ADSL and so on and I no longer have a modem fitted.
> I have tried a search on Google with limited results.
> Could anyone recomend or name a few products or their websites remembering
> that most work only with modems, I have ADSL?
> Many thanks
>
> --

If you're talking about recording a call with Net2Phone or some other PC
based Internet phone software, try HotRecorder:

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/voip/hotrecorders-free-voip-call-recording.asp

If you're talking about recording the calls originating or received on
standard telephone equipment through your broadband provider's residential
Internet Phone service, then you will not be able to do that with software
alone.

Regards,

carl

After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Sandal had this to say:

> Hello,
> I have re-posted this.
> I want to record and log phone conversations on to my hard drive using
> software only if possible.
> When I was using a modem I used a programe called Modem Spy, this will not
> work with Broadband/ADSL and so on and I no longer have a modem fitted.
> I have tried a search on Google with limited results.
> Could anyone recomend or name a few products or their websites remembering
> that most work only with modems, I have ADSL?
> Many thanks

Can't see how it would be possible to do with ADSL. Old modems could do it,
because they transferred data in analog mode, just like voice. ADSL on the
other hand uses a different part of the tel wire than the voice part.

--
Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

Thankyou for your reply, I shall try both.
Many thanks

--
Sandal

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Its not really what its designed for but the windows encoder would probably
> work.Download the encoder from microsoft,once opened select,capture audio
> or video,browse for youre newtork connection.You can also record
> conversations
> thru net meeting,on xp home page,upper R.corner the details on how to start
> are shown (try 1st)..
>
> "Sandal" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have re-posted this.
> > I want to record and log phone conversations on to my hard drive using
> > software only if possible.
> > When I was using a modem I used a programe called Modem Spy, this will not
> > work with Broadband/ADSL and so on and I no longer have a modem fitted.
> > I have tried a search on Google with limited results.
> > Could anyone recomend or name a few products or their websites remembering
> > that most work only with modems, I have ADSL?
> > Many thanks
> >
> > --
> > Sandal

Thankyou for your reply.
Iv'e posted a reply in the general section.

--
Sandal

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Contact your ISP and ask them. It may not be legal to do so.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Sandal" wrote:
>
> | Hello,
> | I have re-posted this.
> | I want to record and log phone conversations on to my hard drive using
> | software only if possible.
> | When I was using a modem I used a programe called Modem Spy, this will not
> | work with Broadband/ADSL and so on and I no longer have a modem fitted.
> | I have tried a search on Google with limited results.
> | Could anyone recomend or name a few products or their websites remembering
> | that most work only with modems, I have ADSL?
> | Many thanks
> |
> | --
> | Sandal

Hello,

What did you mean by, " after sticking his head out from his XP firewall,"?

Thankyou for your response, I didn't know that about ADSL, now I understand
why I can only find phone recorders that work with modems.
I did find one company that said it had a product that worked with ADSL.

I can't remember if it was hardware or software and I've lost the name of
the company or how I got to it via Google.
Many thanks
Sandal
--
Sandal

"NoStop" wrote:

> After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Sandal had this to say:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have re-posted this.
> > I want to record and log phone conversations on to my hard drive using
> > software only if possible.
> > When I was using a modem I used a programe called Modem Spy, this will not
> > work with Broadband/ADSL and so on and I no longer have a modem fitted.
> > I have tried a search on Google with limited results.
> > Could anyone recomend or name a few products or their websites remembering
> > that most work only with modems, I have ADSL?
> > Many thanks
> >
> Can't see how it would be possible to do with ADSL. Old modems could do it,
> because they transferred data in analog mode, just like voice. ADSL on the
> other hand uses a different part of the tel wire than the voice part.
>

> --
> Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
> Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus
> definitions. And NEVER connect to the Internet!
> http://w-3productions.com/more.jpg

Hello,
Thankyou for your response.

I was inquiring about recording calls originating or received on
standard telephone equipment to a P.C. via broadband/ADSL.
Can you recomend/ do you know of such a product for a single user
software, hardware or both.
I have tried Google, the company's I have found, ( not many ), do not deal
with single line users.
Many thanks
--
Sandal

> Hello,
> Thankyou for your response.
>
> I was inquiring about recording calls originating or received on
> standard telephone equipment to a P.C. via broadband/ADSL.
> Can you recomend/ do you know of such a product for a single user
> software, hardware or both.
> I have tried Google, the company's I have found, ( not many ), do not deal
> with single line users.
> Many thanks
> --

The best I can come up with off the top of my head are the QuickTap from
JKAudio:

http://jkaudio.com/quicktap.htm

And a gadget from Radio Shack:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F008%5F008%5F012%5F001&product%5Fid=43%2D228

There are limitations and challenges to either, but they seem quite
workable. Here is some more material:

http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050222_recording_phone_calls_with_your_pc.html
http://www.soniclear.com/PurchaseRecorderPro.html

Regards,

carl

Hello Carl,
Thankyou very much for your reply, I shall look at all of them and take it
from there.
Many thanks
Regards
--