how to start notepad maximized

Several programs have their default text viewer/editor set to Notepad,
each time that's activated, Notepad starts in a window mode occupying
only lower 1/3 of the screen, such that I have to click to maximize
it. How can set Notepad in such a way that when started, it
automatically goes maximized mode full screen?

Hi,

Create a new shortcut to Notepad.exe.
Right click on the newly created shortcut and select "Maximized" from
the Run dropdown list.
Click OK. Move the shortcut to anywhere you like.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

"namsilat" <talismana@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Several programs have their default text viewer/editor set to Notepad,
> each time that's activated, Notepad starts in a window mode occupying
> only lower 1/3 of the screen, such that I have to click to maximize
> it. How can set Notepad in such a way that when started, it
> automatically goes maximized mode full screen?

R/Click the Notepad icon in Accessories > properties > run box, choose
maximised

rgds
Li'l Roberto

plexel

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Maximize Notepad when double clicking a .txt file in Explorer, or by command line.

Apart from the above solution there are other ways to do it, and to do it for all txt files in one go.

To maximize Notepad when double clicking a text file, in explorer:-

1) select 'Tools' > 'Folder Options' > 'File Types'.

2) Click the Files Types folder and look down alphabetically for "TXT Text Document".

3) Select it, click Advanced > open > Edit and replace the "application used to perform action" box with:-

cmd.exe /c start /max C:\Windows\notepad.exe %1

For Start > Run you can use this command line:-

cmd.exe /c start /max C:\Windows\notepad.exe "C:\your dir\yourFile.txt"

Information about all this is here http://ss64.com/nt/cmd.html

I have XP Professional SP3, 32 bit.