service pack 2 changes network configuration

hello!

after automatic (?) updating from xp service pack 1 to service pack 2, my
network configuration won't work. is the setting in the sp 2 different from
the sp 1? the ads says it contains security updates and enhancements. do i
have to reconfigure my network settings?

any valuable assistance? thank you in advance!

It's the same it just looks different.

"pathfinder23" <pathfinder23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello!
>
> after automatic (?) updating from xp service pack 1 to service pack 2, my
> network configuration won't work. is the setting in the sp 2 different
> from
> the sp 1? the ads says it contains security updates and enhancements. do i
> have to reconfigure my network settings?
>
> any valuable assistance? thank you in advance!

hello pc butts1

i'm telling you, sp2 disabled my pci wireless adapted and the Microsoft
Firewall Client for ISA Server 2004 was disabled too ( could not connect and
not recognized by the system) so i have no option but to restore it back to
sp1.

hey, is there any fixes on it?

thanks for the comment!

pathfinder23
--
i always wanted to learn

In article <IBFAe.509$Rv7.484@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, "pcbutts1"
<pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote:
>"pathfinder23" <pathfinder23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hello!
>>
>> after automatic (?) updating from xp service pack 1 to service pack 2, my
>> network configuration won't work. is the setting in the sp 2 different
>> from
>> the sp 1? the ads says it contains security updates and enhancements. do i
>> have to reconfigure my network settings?
>>
>> any valuable assistance? thank you in advance!
>
>It's the same it just looks different.

Actually, there are several changes, as explained here:

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
Part 2: Network Protection Technologies
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2netwk.mspx#XSLTsection127121120120

You might need to configure the new Windows Firewall:

1. Click Control Panel | Security Center | Windows Firewall.

2. Select "On (recommended)".

3. Click the Exceptions tab and make sure that there's a check mark in
the "File and Printer Sharing" box.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com