Desktop Icons for all users

The family has a laptop and each of the three family members have their own
logon.

In my settings, I have three Desktop icons, a Shutdown, a Restart and a
Standby. What is a good way to have these icons appear when the other two
family members logon in their respective sessions?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

you just copy those 3 files to the desktop fo ALL User account
"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:11d6ariisan4c09@corp.supernews.com...
> The family has a laptop and each of the three family members have their
> own logon.
>
> In my settings, I have three Desktop icons, a Shutdown, a Restart and a
> Standby. What is a good way to have these icons appear when the other two
> family members logon in their respective sessions?
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA

While I'm logged on, just do a copy of the three icons, log off, have other
family member logon and paste? It's that simple?!
(Then the same for the other family member?)

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"brant" <breton@163.com> wrote in message
> you just copy those 3 files to the desktop fo ALL User account
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco>
> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:11d6ariisan4c09@corp.supernews.com...
>> The family has a laptop and each of the three family members have their
>> own logon.
>>
>> In my settings, I have three Desktop icons, a Shutdown, a Restart and a
>> Standby. What is a good way to have these icons appear when the other
>> two family members logon in their respective sessions?
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA

While logged in your account, *cut* the icons then *paste* into this
folder

%allusersprofile%\desktop

To get to that folder, type the above line in the Run dialog box.

The All user desktop icons appears in everyone's desktop.

--
William

"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> While I'm logged on, just do a copy of the three icons, log off, have
> other family member logon and paste? It's that simple?!
> (Then the same for the other family member?)
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "brant" <breton@163.com> wrote in message
>> you just copy those 3 files to the desktop fo ALL User account
>> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco>
>> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:11d6ariisan4c09@corp.supernews.com...
>>> The family has a laptop and each of the three family members have
>>> their own logon.
>>>
>>> In my settings, I have three Desktop icons, a Shutdown, a Restart
>>> and a Standby. What is a good way to have these icons appear when
>>> the other two family members logon in their respective sessions?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Don
>>> Vancouver, USA

Actually you want to "move them" from your desktop to "all Users"
desktop. R-click Start button, Explore All Users, and drag said
shortcuts from your Desktop to All Users Desktop and drop. Now they are
there for every one.

Don Schmidt wrote:

> While I'm logged on, just do a copy of the three icons, log off, have other
> family member logon and paste? It's that simple?!
> (Then the same for the other family member?)

Didn't seem to work.

The icons were already present in my account location but not in the
location of the other users with the same %allusersprofile%\desktop address.

Now I'm wondering if I created the added users correctly.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> While logged in your account, *cut* the icons then *paste* into this
> folder
>
> %allusersprofile%\desktop
>
> To get to that folder, type the above line in the Run dialog box.
>
> The All user desktop icons appears in everyone's desktop.
>
> --
> William
>
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>> While I'm logged on, just do a copy of the three icons, log off, have
>> other family member logon and paste? It's that simple?!
>> (Then the same for the other family member?)
>>
>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "brant" <breton@163.com> wrote in message
>>> you just copy those 3 files to the desktop fo ALL User account
>>> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco>
>>> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:11d6ariisan4c09@corp.supernews.com...

That worked. Thanks Bob

> Actually you want to "move them" from your desktop to "all Users" desktop.
> R-click Start button, Explore All Users, and drag said shortcuts from your
> Desktop to All Users Desktop and drop. Now they are there for every one.
>
> Don Schmidt wrote:
>
>> While I'm logged on, just do a copy of the three icons, log off, have
>> other family member logon and paste? It's that simple?!
>> (Then the same for the other family member?)

You're welcome, have a good day.