How do I get the hot fix mentioned in KB 824302

Hello,
How do I get the hot fix mentioned in KB 824302
I am running XPPro SP2 and all patches.
This KB is for the problem I am having now (see symptoms):
SYMPTOMS
If you log on with cached credentials (for example, you establish a Virtual
Private Network (VPN) connection to your corporate network) and you try to
connect to a network resource, you may receive the following error message
and you are continuously prompted for your user name and password:
The system cannot log you on now because the domain DomainName is not
available.

Thank You, Terry
3 answers Last reply
More about mentioned 824302

    Call Microsoft Professional Customer Service @ 1-800-936-4900 (this line is
    24/7), there is an option for hotfix. A rep will email you a link to the fix.

    Good Luck

    Kelly D

    "no_spam" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > How do I get the hot fix mentioned in KB 824302
    > I am running XPPro SP2 and all patches.
    > This KB is for the problem I am having now (see symptoms):
    > SYMPTOMS
    > If you log on with cached credentials (for example, you establish a Virtual
    > Private Network (VPN) connection to your corporate network) and you try to
    > connect to a network resource, you may receive the following error message
    > and you are continuously prompted for your user name and password:
    > The system cannot log you on now because the domain DomainName is not
    > available.
    >
    > Thank You, Terry

    As per the kb article (2nd paragraph of the Hotfix Information section)

    The system cannot log you on now because the domain <DomainName> is not
    available
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824302
    Hotfix information
    A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended
    to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only apply it to
    systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive
    additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this
    problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Windows service
    pack that contains this hotfix.

    To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support
    Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product
    Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit
    the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS
    Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support
    calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a
    specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will
    apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the
    specific update in question.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "no_spam" <nospam_theitmanATolsbuff.com_nospam> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > How do I get the hot fix mentioned in KB 824302
    > I am running XPPro SP2 and all patches.
    > This KB is for the problem I am having now (see symptoms):
    > SYMPTOMS
    > If you log on with cached credentials (for example, you establish a
    > Virtual
    > Private Network (VPN) connection to your corporate network) and you try to
    > connect to a network resource, you may receive the following error message
    > and you are continuously prompted for your user name and password:
    > The system cannot log you on now because the domain DomainName is not
    > available.
    >
    > Thank You, Terry

    -
    Thank You Kelly,
    The phone number is just what I needed :)

    Thanks again, Terry

    "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Call Microsoft Professional Customer Service @ 1-800-936-4900 (this line
    > is
    > 24/7), there is an option for hotfix. A rep will email you a link to the
    > fix.
    >
    > Good Luck
    >
    > Kelly D
    >
    > "no_spam" wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >> How do I get the hot fix mentioned in KB 824302
    >> I am running XPPro SP2 and all patches.
    >> This KB is for the problem I am having now (see symptoms):
    >> SYMPTOMS
    >> If you log on with cached credentials (for example, you establish a
    >> Virtual
    >> Private Network (VPN) connection to your corporate network) and you try
    >> connect to a network resource, you may receive the following error
    >> message
    >> and you are continuously prompted for your user name and password:
    >> The system cannot log you on now because the domain DomainName is not
    >> available.
    >>
    >> Thank You, Terry

Connection Private Network Microsoft Windows XP