Dell M2010 so very slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceCobra1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Hi all, I recently bought a used dell off ebay... but one of the main things I find is that it is INCREDIBLY sluggish... The processor is a T7200 and I have placed 4GB or RAM into the machine... I also upgraded to the 500GB HDD myself

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/mobile-hdd-notebook,review-31609-8.html

The HDD I've got is a 5400RPM version but that wouldn't make it this slow... I have a Sony SZ1XP too and that can play youtube HD videos no problem... The Dell seems to jerk a lot and doesn't even play the HD videos properly... I can't even play 3 SD videos off youtube at any one time or it starts to jerk... This machine feels a lot slower than the VAIO SZ which I find quite unbeliveable. I mean it has the X1800 so should have half decent graphics.... Is there anything in the bios that I should check to see if anything is wrong with the machine?

Cheers!

ChuckB_38

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
1. what OS are you using?
2. Did you do a fresh install on the new HDD?
3. Do you use a registry cleaner like "ccleaner"?
4. Does it do this both on battery and AC?

AceCobra1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006

Thanks for your reply. I'm using XP, I DID a fresh install. I don't use registry cleaner because I only installed XP about 3 days ago! And yes, it is pretty slow on both AC and battery :heink:

ORiSA

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
I just purchased one aswell from ebay. i have not recieved it yet but reading this is disappointing. I also had a sony vaio SZ and thought that the m2010 having similar specs should perform nicely. What are the temps like? that can severyly degrade performance.

Let me know if you get to the bottom of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.