Windows XP defaults to Classic View

Hello! Whenever my computer is turned off, upon rebooting I have to always
change the properties to the Windows XP view, because it constantly defaults
back to the Classic View. Also, when I don't bother to change the view back
to XP, the 'please wait' sign comes on, all the color on the screen fades to
black and white, and then the color comes back to normal....! It is more
annoying than a problem....but could this be a virus? Is there a way to keep
the XP view permanently displayed rather than to have to reset it daily?
Thanks for any help or advice.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:36:01 -0700, "ride1115"
<ride1115@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello! Whenever my computer is turned off, upon rebooting I have to always
>change the properties to the Windows XP view, because it constantly defaults
>back to the Classic View. Also, when I don't bother to change the view back
>to XP, the 'please wait' sign comes on, all the color on the screen fades to
>black and white, and then the color comes back to normal....! It is more
>annoying than a problem....but could this be a virus? Is there a way to keep
>the XP view permanently displayed rather than to have to reset it daily?
>Thanks for any help or advice.
I prefer the classic view over the clunky (IMO) over XPs view!

Visit here...

Read the instructions at the top.

One of these ought to do it.

187. Restore Themes Functionality

187. Right hand side
Restore Luna Theme

214. Right hand side
Windows XP Style Changes to Windows Classic

271. Stuck in Classic View? Undo Now
-----

If XP Pro you can use Group Policy...
Start | Run | Type: gpedit.msc | OK |

Navigate to >>>

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\
Force Classic Start Menu
Set to: Not Configured

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Desktop Themes\
Load a specific visual style file or force Windows Classic
Set to: Not Configured

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:01C57E2D-3651-4441-A425-BFD349662E85@microsoft.com,
ride1115 <ride1115@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello! Whenever my computer is turned off, upon rebooting I have to
> always change the properties to the Windows XP view, because it
> constantly defaults back to the Classic View. Also, when I don't bother
> to change the view back to XP, the 'please wait' sign comes on, all the
> color on the screen fades to black and white, and then the color comes
> back to normal....! It is more annoying than a problem....but could this
> be a virus? Is there a way to keep the XP view permanently displayed
> rather than to have to reset it daily? Thanks for any help or advice.

So do I. But how does that help someone who doesn't want Classic View?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User